Chapter 8: Starts of Careers

"Sniping is like poetry in slow motion. Until you pull the trigger."

***********************

Seb had started out in the army.

He had climbed to the rank of colonel within a few years, yet lost it all when he had ended up being dishonorably discharged. Years later, he was a well known hired gun on the streets. A few years after that, he was hired to kill one James Moriarty.

Well, suffice to say, he didn't kill him.

Quite the opposite, actually.

Within three months, he had become Jim's "right hand man". The best sniper in his entire criminal web. A bodyguard for him, too. Sometimes he had to admit that he missed his army days. Yet others, he was so happy to be working here.

Jim started at 11.

A boy named Carl Powers had laughed at him for a multitude of reasons. For days on end. Called him "a freak." Ha. It was unfortunate that he would drown in a "tragic accident" soon after.... Jim supposed that it was relatively easy to sneak the poison into little Carl's medicine. A bit fun actually.... So he did again. His parents had always hated him. So they went next. His brother took care of him for a long while until he was out on the streets, performing killings for fun. He got enough money to hire a few various thieves and assassins. Started a little business on the black market... Years later he labeled himself as the world's only Consulting Criminal. With his own criminal web. Almost every wanted person knew his name. And few people dared mess with him like Carl Powers had.  And not only that. Everyone knew him for what he was. A psychopath.

Beth was 8 when she had killed someone.

She actually started at 6, but she was so young that she had called them "uneducated accidents." It was when she was 8 that she learned how to do some real damage. She got into computer hacking as an early teen. Thievery as a hobby by 15.

Stabbed her brother at 16.

Hacked into government facilities at 17.

Became a self-taught sniper and hired thug at 18.

She was charging $100,000 for every assassination, hack, and theft by 19.

She was a millionaire by 20.

Yet she didn't keep all of it. No, she barely cared. She gave half of it away to charities. Another quarter of it to equipment for her various "jobs".

And she liked it.

She liked it a lot.