Chapter 4: Welcome

"She was special. She combined a mean angel and a kind devil."

*************************

And thus, she moved into his flat.

Even though she had enough money to buy a mansion if needed, she preferred living with her employer. That was evident the moment she walked in, swinging her backpack onto the kitchen table and plopping down on the couch.

It wasn't as though Jim minded. No, Sebastian Moran was already living with him. It wouldn't make that much of a difference if she did too.

She had plenty of things to move in. She took the third [and last available] bedroom. It was the smallest of the three, yet also the most luxurious, with french doors that opened to a small balcony that showed off a beautiful view of London. The only reason Jim or Seb hadn't taken it was because it made anyone who slept there a prime target for a bullet in the head, via the large windows. 

Beth didn't care.

No, instead she simply threw her small suitcase full of clothes into the closet, and started deciding where to stash the various things she had collected over the years. Her favorite rifle in the wardrobe on the right of the room, along with her collection of knives. A few climbing harnesses and lengths of rope beside that. Her computer and hacking equipment on the desk across the room. Her bed in-between, facing the french doors.

At half past six, she came down the stairs to meet Sebastian. He had come home from a particularly hard job in Dublin, and was wearing a plain white shirt with camouflage pants, and his usual tan colored, army issue combat boots.

"Boss, who is this?" he asked, seeing Beth sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a beer, being dressed in a tight, light purple button-up shirt, and jeans. No shoes.

"Our new flatmate," the consulting criminal sat next to her, inviting Seb to do the same, "This is Lizbeth-"

"Don't call me that. Too formal," she interrupted, "Give me a nickname, or something."

Seb gave an impressed scoff. "Alright then, Beth. I'm Sebastian. Sebastian Moran." He put out his cigarette in a nearby ashtray, and set off to cooking dinner.

"So, Seb, how'd you end up working here?"

"I was hired to kill him. The Boss gave me a better offer." He gave a glance towards her, holding a small tin of spices in his hand, "How do you like your steak?"

She thought for a moment. "Rare. Salt and pepper. Garlic if you have it."

**************************

Hey!

I tried to put more detail in this chapter, and I hope you like it! The picture I do not own, and it is a picture of Michael Fassbender, who I think should play Sebastian Moran.

So, imagine Seb looking like Michael Fassbender.

Next chapter I'll put a pic of Andrew Scott, who plays James Moriarty.

And then I'll put a pic of what I think Beth should look like. I spent about ten minutes on the internet looking for it, and I think its pretty accurate.