Chapter 24: Save Her. Fear Her. Love Her.

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman."

********************************

The man looked towards Beth in her cell. She was tearing apart her only spare shirt, and wrapping the pieces around her shoulder in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Jack," he turned towards the newest guard, "Take this little kitten out back."

"And do what, Boss?"

"Get rid of her."

*************************

Beth whimpered as the door opened, and instinctively started to shy away. It was no use, though. The guard walked in and grabbed her by her hair and injured shoulder, which ruined any attempt she had done to stop the blood seeping out of her wound. She knew it was no use to struggle now. No. Instead of her usual fight, she went limp in the man's arms.

She didn't even flinch as he took her outside, and threw her to the ground.

Yet the moment she felt the dirt beneath her fingernails, she gave a feeble grasp to get up and run. Yet again, it was of no use. Her shoulder screamed, and her injured leg made her hiss in pain.

"Please... Please let me go." her voice was undeniably weak now. Her leg had gotten infected, causing her to become sickly.

The man above her laughed.  "Well, you'll be going somewhere pretty soon. Let's hope it's somewhere good."

He forced her to her knees, and put a revolver to her forehead. She shivered as he put his finger on the trigger.

A shot rang out.

Beth screamed, squeezing her eyes shut. Yet nothing came. Instead, the man in front of her collapsed, the revolver falling with him. A gaping wound was in his chest.

Behind him was Sebastian Moran.