Chapter 6: Best Of The Best

"She wore a smile like a loaded gun."

****************************

It was on that same job that they realized how good she really was.

It wasn't in how she could be completely unseen during the entire time, or the brilliant way of her getting in the building without being noticed. Although those were key factors, one thing had stood out among the rest.

It was her exit strategy.

She hadn't bounded out of a window, or climbed the side of the building until she reached the ground. There was no elaborate escape that involved motorcycles or alarms blaring throughout the city.

She simply walked out the door, holding her jacket that contained the files over her shoulder, smirking.

Seb walked up to her, a little shocked, "Wasn't there a guard?"

"Yes. And?" she nonchalantly handed him the three thick files.

"You simply walked out? Was he asleep?"

"No. Of course not. He's good at his job."

"Then how," he took a deep breath, "Did you get out?"

She shrugged, "I said that I worked there and forgot my ID at home. We talked a little bit. I hope his wife doesn't leave him for his work hours. Jerry's doing his best."

"J-Jerry?"

"Yeah! The guard, duh? He had all reason to believe me, too. I looked the part. Besides, the trick is in the eyes. I can look innocent anytime of any day."

"You..." Seb understood her. He understood her completely. But even with a convincing look, it should have been near impossible to get out of there without a worker's ID!

She laughed at his dumbfounded expression, giving him a pat on the shoulder as she sauntered away. "Told you I was good!"

********************

I DON"T OWN THE PIC.

I found it online. But I think that's a pretty good pic for what Beth would look like. But I imagine Beth's eyes a little different color wise... I might post a pic next chapter. That will be fun to look for!

I hope you liked it! This fic should have a good 30 something chapters... I'm already writing the third one that takes place after the first one [since this is the second one but its a prequel].

OH and sorry for the lack of parenthesis. I'm typing on my laptop and the left one doesn't work for some reason.

They work on my phone of course, but not here. And I'm too lazy too save it, put it in on my phone, then come back here, since typing only on my phone sucks in my opinion. I type faster on a keyboard.

See you next chapter!!!