Chapter 22: Another Email

"You had me at 'We'll make it look like an accident'."

*************************

Moriarty looked down at his computer, sighing.

Another email from the unknown source.

Again, it was a link to an untitled video. But this time it was different. The link was to a  live feed.

"Moran?" his voice is unexpectedly weak as he called the sniper, and he's almost horrified at the fact that his voice cracked in fear at the last bit. The taller man walked over, clicking on the link himself so that his Boss wouldn't have to.

The first sound they heard from the camera was a hoarse scream. A woman's scream.

Beth's scream.

Then they see her. Oh god. She's almost sobbing, and there's blood covering her leg along with a puncture wound. A bullet hole. She's furiously tapping her foot. The foot attached to her good leg. "A way to cope, perhaps? " Moriarty mentally questions.

"Your little girl tried to escape." The man is walking into the view of the camera, a gun in his hand and his hair is messy. Beth must have tried to hit him. "She almost made it out. She's even better than  I thought."

Beth grit her teeth, and her foot tapped a rhythm that was almost recognizable. 

Suddenly Sebastian gasped, leaping out of his seat and scrambling to find a pencil and paper. Once he gets back to the computer, he quickly scribbles down something that Moriarty can barely read.

"What? What is it?" the consulting criminal is almost shouting the words.

"It's Morse code! Her tapping! It's Morse code!" Moran thrust the notepad into Moriarty's hands.

Help.

3rd street.

London.

Abandoned building.

They restarted the video, hoping to find out more.

Only they saw Beth attempting to leap out of her seat, biting down on the  man's arm as he gets close to her again. He screams, cries out. Fires a bullet into her shoulder. The camera falls to the ground.

The video ends.