Chapter 25: I Found You

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her."

***************************

"Beth! Are you alright?!" he was next to her in moments, helping her up and dusting the dirt off of her shoulders. He got her to stand up, yet she fell down again. "M-My leg. I-I-I can't."

Oh god, she looked horrible. Her cheeks were hollow, and her eyes were slightly sunken in. Bruises littered her face and any visible skin, along with blood being smeared almost everywhere else. She looked about 15 lbs lighter, and being rather thin before all of this, she looked almost like a ghost. Her skin was a pasty, unhealthy white. He shushed her as she let out a sob. "Shh. It's okay. I've got you."

He slowly picked her up bridal-style, being careful not to touch any of the bullet wounds.

"Wanna talk to the Boss?" the sniper whispered, handing her his phone. She nodded, clicking on his number.

"Moran, I've got twenty minutes, this better be-"

"Jamie?"

She could hear the criminal giving a surprised, joyful gasp on the other end of the line.

"Bee? Oh god, are you alright?"

She gave a sick cough. "Good enough. I think Tiger's gonna take me to a hospital."

Moriarty smiled. "Tell Basher to be careful."

"I will."

*************************

SONG AND VID ARENT MINE.