Chapter 29: Night Terrors

"I'll never finish falling in love with you."

******************************

Beth was discharged from the hospital a week later, with a sack of pain medication and some spare bandages. She was confined to crutches, and an almost ridiculously large splint. James would help her walk and get places, and if he wasn't there, then Moran would.
The Night terrors and flashbacks started four days later.
It had started slowly. Beth, who would  usually sleep like a rock, would start to toss and turn. Then she would wake up in a cold sweat.
It got worse after a week of that.
*********
"JAMIE!!MORAN!! HELP!!"
Both men startled awake, leaping out of their beds as fast as they could. Beth was screaming. Loud. Shrill. She sounded terrified. But that couldn't be true. She wasn't the kind of person to get terrified.
Yet she was still screaming. Crying out for protection.
"Beth?!" James turned the doorknob, but it wouldn't work. The door was locked. Moran pushed him away, and kicked the door in its center. It worked. The door swung open.
They had expected to see some masked killer about to slit her throat, or someone forcing a chloroform soaked cloth over her mouth.
No. No one was there besides Beth.
She was tangled in sheets, thrashing around, screaming and sobbing. Her eyes were squeezed shut. Tears were streaming down her face. She cried out again, whimpering. "J-James!"
Both men sprinted towards her. Moran was grabbing her wrists, making sure she didn't hurt or scratch herself in her sleep. James put his hands on her shoulders.
She was having a night terror. It was understandable. She had been through a traumatic experience. Some form of a flashback had been bound to happen.
She wouldn't stop screaming. Moriarty was shaking her now, trying not to hurt her shoulder. "Beth!" He brought a hand down to her hip, squeezing for a brief second in an attempt to at least comfort her, "Beth, wake up!"
She didn't stop. More tears came, and he brushed them away.
"Lizbeth!"
She finally jolted awake, freeing her hands from Moran' s grip and clawing into James's back, still reacting from the dream. 
James bit his lip, ignoring the slight pain. "Shh. It's okay," he wiped more of the tears away, "it was just a dream."
She was shaking, looking up at him in a daze, trying to understand what was happening.
"J-Jamie?" Her voice was shaky and small. Barely even a terrified whisper.
Moriarty looked over to Moran. "Get out."
The sniper nods, gingerly standing up and walking out, closing the door behind him.
Beth launched herself into James's embrace, trying to maneuver herself so that the cast on her leg wouldn't be disturbed.
"I- I dreamed-"
"Shh. Beth... It's okay. You don't have to tell me."
She nodded, collapsing back onto the bed with a small, nervous sigh.
James laid next to her, pulling the blanket over the both of them. Beth drifted off once more, in his arms, clinging onto him as tightly as she could.

***********
Hey guys! Angel here! How'd you like the hurt comfort fluff? The story is almost over. Just three more chapters to go! And then I'll post the third book in the series, which is based after the first Partners in Crime book.
Hope you like the chapter!
SONG AND VID AREN'T MINE.