Prologue

Jacey's POV

"Ugh, Harry, you're such a perv!" I shouted and rolled away from him.

"Louis, your sister is calling me names!" He shot back with, and I let out a little laugh.

"He started it!"

Ever since Louis brought his band home with him a couple years ago and introduced them to me, I'd been super close with all of them. Harry was the only one of my brother's friends that would hit on me every once in a while. Psh, who was I kidding? He would let a dirty comment slip out of his mouth every time he was feet away from me. The guys were all like my older brothers, all except for a certain curly haired, green eyed boy. He had caught my eye the day I met him, and from then on, I had a small crush on him. Small!

Harry tackled me to the floor, pushing me out of my thoughts. I pounded my fists on his chest, and he held me to the ground. I wasnt getting out of this easy. I smiled evilly up at him, and wrapped my finger around one of his curls.

"Someone help me!" I yelled, pulling his hair with one hand and still punching him with the other.

"Have no fear Jacey-cakes, your big brother is here to your rescue!" He pulled his best friend off of me, and they resumed wrestling, giving me the opportunity to escape. I slid from under Harry's legs, and darted up the stairs. I tripped halfway up, hearing footsteps behind me. I tuned out Harry and Louis' grunts and muffled voices as I slid into my brother's room. Dark blue filled the room and I hid against one of the walls.

"Jacey Tomlinson!" A familiar voice whispered-yelled from outside the room, down the hallway. My mind wondered while I sat still, trying to be as quiet as I could.

To be honest, Niall was my best friend from the beginning. As soon as Louis introduced everyone, he stole my cupcake and I hit him in the arm. I remembered it like it was just yesterday, not two years ago. We just clicked instantaneously. I never liked him like that though, he was too much like a brother to me, and besides, Niall has a girlfriend. But we had this long feud that wasnt going to end any time soon. She was the jealous type, and wasn't too fond of Niall and I's friendship. I let out a giggle as I thought about it. Oh my, I'm rambling, huh?

Anyways, Louis invited the guys over for awhile while they planned a party they wanted to throw while our dad was out of town this weekend. I wasn't exactly okay with it, but somehow they convinced me that it'd be fun. And over dinner, and an amazing dessert, courtesy of Harry, I gave in, and here we are, planning for what they called, 'the party of the year'. Well that's what we WERE doing, until Harry made an inappropriate comment, something I'm used to, tackled me, and I ran.

"Jacey?" That familiar voice called again, this time peeking in the room and making eye contact with me. Light from the hallway flooded the room, but quickly disappeared when Niall shut the door behind him. Again with being snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah Ni, I'm in here." He tiptoed in, and hid with me, crouching down next to me. I layed my head on his shoulder, and together we waited for Louis and Harry to come and find us. They must have given up, because no sound was coming from outside the room, or the stairs. I grinned like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"We won," I exclaimed.

"What did Harry say this time, Jace?" He laughed, and I punched him in the arm.

"Jacey, you look good today. But those shorts would look better on my bedroom floor," I mocked Harry in my best deep man's voice. "And then he winked. He freaking winked, Ni!" I threw my arms up in the air and rolled my eyes.

Niall chuckled, and then the room went silent. Only our breathing was heard and I listened to the sound of my own heartbeat. We sat in peaceful quiet, and I took advantage of the alone time with my best friend. I turned towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Niall?"

"Yeah, Jace?"

I smiled at the sound o his voice, "You think they're even looking for us anymore?"

"Nah. They're probably calling people from your school and inviting them to the party tomorrow night."

"I'd expect nothing less from the two of them," I let out a deep breath.

"Hey, Niall?" I asked for the second time, getting his attention.

"Yeah, Jacey?"

I leaned in closer to him and cuddled up to his chest. "You think we'll always be best friends? You think you and the boys will last a long time?"

"Yeah, I do," he said, and lied his head on top of mine.

I let the silence envelope us once more, before speaking the only thought floating around my head at that moment.

"You're my best friend, Ni."

AUTHORS NOTE; I'm in the process of editing this entire story. So here's the edited prologue so far (: love yinz, vote and comment!

xoxox Bree (: