Chapter 1 - Bad Morning

Chloe's POV

The bright of the sun hit me and the sound of my mother bickering with my father bring me back from my sweet dream. Yes, this is my routine, woke up to the annoying voice. Slowly i open my eyes '' another day another fight '' talk to myself. I get up and be ready for today, showering is my favorite part cause i can't hear them in bathroom. After finish, i took the towel and wrapped it around myself. I dried my hair with hairdryer and took clothes from my closet.

'' i think i will go with this '' i looked at myself in the long mirror. Dressed on a casual black dress stop in my mid thigh. Mascara and eyeliner, before going out i checked once again in the mirror. '' perfect ''

I went downstairs with a smile but fade away when i saw my mom speak with her friend, but not cause her friend. Eric Johnson.

'' good morning darling '' when my mom saw me in the living room. Why he must be in here? In morning? Today must be my bad day, i just going straight to the kitchen but stop as i heard mom calling me.

'' Chloe come here, you remember my friend right? ''

'' hi Mrs. Johnson, how are you? '' no other choices i sit next to the jerk, son of Mrs. Johnson. He has brown eyes and brown hair same with her mom, with the pointed nose, slightly tan, if you saw him you will directly fall in love. Different from me, i know him when i just only 17. And this is my secret, he is my '' EX- BOYFRIEND ''. So now you know why i just hate him to be here in my house, in the morning.

'' good. So how college? ''

'' yeah.. It's nice, to know some people from different country. I think it's nice. '' i smile at her when i feel someone stared at me, to the left Eric is now smiling so big with his round lips. It's my cue to go, i don't want to back to my past again and remember it. The memory already in the grave in my small brain.

'' mom, i'm late. I will go now. ''

'' Mrs. Johnson, nice to meet you. Have a nice day. '' i get up and my track stop when someone grabbed my arm.

'' hey, i will drop you. Let's go. '' before i can reply, he pull me to front door. The red lamborghini, rich jerk. 23 and CEO, nice life.

'' it's okay. I can go alone.'' walked away from his grip to my latest BMW, my parents buy this car last month when i win the best dress in university fashion week. I forgot to tell you, i'm major in fashion designer, i love clothes.. Very. it's my hobby since childhood

'' i don't remember asking your opinion.'' he grinned. He opened the door and force me to get in.

'' you can't do this Eric, i'm not going anywhere with you. '' i try to get out

'' just this time Jess, please.'' he looked at me with his puppy eyes. Oh come on, he using this now. He know i can't resist him. Not because i still love him, just because i know he mean it.

'' just once.'' breathed deeply. He closed the door and got in the car. The awkwardness was filled, i hate silent. Eric and i broken when i start college, to be exact 1 years ago. He cheat with my best friend in my bedroom. He was my senior in high school, 2 years apart you know. Remember my past as well as remembering my phobia. From that moment i can't have a serious relation anymore. I blocked my heart from the boys, specifically i hang out with them but not serious. I'm not stupid, i can't break my heart twice so after that my attitude is change. I went to club every single night, drunk, dance with the boys, but just that. No more, '' no sex '' kissing only.

'' Jess..what are you thinking? '' hear the sound, my mind came back.

''...''

'' if you're mad, i'm sorry i force you. But i want to explain my action, just hear me. I'm not telling you to forgive me... '' i stopped him when he wants continue

'' Eric, please.. I don't want to remember my past. I hope you can understand.'' i look toward the window, and closed my eyes.

'' i'm really sorry..'' whispered but i still can hear.

***

'' it seems my best friend having a nightmare today. Tell me, ready to hear '' Cristina is my best friend. She can understand my pain, my problem, and she know my past. She has blue eyes, small nose, full lips, same with me nice figure. She majored in modeling.

'' i meet Eric today.'' sipped my coffee

'' wow... in the morning? ''

'' yes, in the morning '' i said while emphasize the word

'' you want advice or we can hang out tonight? '' she smiled. i know what she mean tonight, bar, boys.

'' why in your brain can only think bar or boys... you don't have advice for your best friend here..''

''...''

'' no answer now, who am i talking to? Crist...... '' i stop when i heard her laughed to some boys. I wait her to finish her business.

'' hey, you must forget him already... this '' she give me a piece of paper, i look down and have a phone number with the name and place.

'' what is this? ''

'' you know what is this, this is his phone number and his name...'' i stopped her

'' Brian. so? You want me to call him for you? ''

'' no.. he does not want me. He want you '' i choked my coffee, coughing

'' be careful girl '' she chuckles softly as she tapped my shoulder '' he want to meet you tonight 9 PM ''

'' where? ''

'' bar across the street '' while pointing out the glass. My gaze follow her fingers and to the window. After Eric drop me, i call Cristina to meet me in the cafe next to my university. My university is biggest in the country, location in the center of crowd. Across have bar '' M '' and next have starbucks cafe.

'' you coming with me. ''

'' not refuse '' the smile of devil comeback, we laugh, silly friend. Therefore i like her, i can be crazy with her without caring other people.

I text Brian after Cristina left me. Just simply '' see you in the bar tonight at 9 PM ''. My class already done by 5 PM, i still have time to buy new dress. I call my driver to pick me in the gate. My driver came, he open the door for me and i get in. i ordered him, when to my boutique. I have my own boutique, i made dress and i sold it. But i still don't have my brand. When we arrived i got out.

'' just a minute Cody '' without waiting for Cody my driver replies i closed the door and open my boutique.

'' good afternoon ma'am '' my employees greet me

'' i need dress for tonight, can you bring the red dress for last week '' i stated '' and call me Chloe not ma'am. I'm not that old. '' i smiled at her, i'm only 21 years old. I can't being called ma'am.

'' yes ma... Chloe. '' i went to my office in the corner from front door. My boutique is not big, just small but comfy. I hired 3 employees to help me, first my assistant James.

From - Chloe

Where are you?

My phone rang, without looking the caller ID.

'' Chloe? '' confuse by the voice i check screen '' unknown number ''

'' Chloe speaking. Is there anything i can help? ''

'' mmm.... Remember my voice? '' thinking about that, the voice is so familiar. But where i met him?

'' cafe... today. I give your friend my number.'' BRIAN, i remember him.

'' i just want to make sure for tonight. Sorry if i disturb you. ''

'' it's okay. See you tonight Brian. '' i think he is kind, i want to know him. Maybe he can be my boy tonight. I hang up.