Chapter 8 - Can not Stand

Chloe's POV

It's been 2 weeks i don't see him. I keep working in his company, the other employees said he went to Canada to take care of new hotel there. Not having him around. I must say it's weird.

No energy to go to the office

I feel lonely

I have to be honest.

I miss him

At this time, I'm working on new project for fashion week next month in New York. My boutique is already known to the public, many models wants it. So i'm really busy recently, I've been not enough sleep for a week, only sleep for 2 hours sometimes. My brother don't have time for me because the schedule of his project changes. He will come back to Canada in 3 days.

I enter my office with two big boxes. I quickly put it above my desk '' bring it here ''

'' The material is complete, what else is lacking? '' James said and I check the material that he brings.

I don't want to mess up with my first project, i checked the material and the detail many times.

'' can you bring my file is in the boutique, inside my first desk office. This is the key. '' I give him the key to my office. And he quickly left.

After few seconds, someone enter my room i think it must be James so i don't looked up. But when the voice similar said '' hi ''

'' E..Eric? '' I almost jumped

He is like reading my face and he bring his hand to his head with worried expressions '' am i bothering you? ''

'' What are you doing here? '' I immediately snapped him into the point

'' can i sit? '' he pointing to the chair in front of my desk. I just nodded and pretending to clean up the file

'' will you go to the dinner with me? ''

'' ... ''

'' Jess, i want to explain everything ''

He needs 1 year to explain everything to me. I already don't need it.

'' you can explained in here. I will give you 5 minutes '' i said still not looking towards him. The silenced, i glanced at him and he looked down to the floor. He did not speak i continued '' your time is running ''

He looked at me with serious expressions, i can see the regret in his eyes. I just realized he was thinner than the last i saw him. Dark circles under his eyes are visible.

He cleared his throat '' I never wanted to cheat on you, i don't know you will believe me or not. But i speak the truth. ''

'' That night when i go to your house, i eavesdrop your mom and dad speaking. She does not agree with our relationship, she said she will match you with her friends son. I am very worried about that. After that i called Lisa to asked her what I should do. And we met. ''

He stopped a few seconds before continued with deep sigh.

'' your friend said she will help me to talk to you. ''

Lisa is my best friend before he cheated with Eric my boyfriend. I angry with her and don't want to see her or heard the explanation. I was already hurt. '' she don't '' stated it with flat tone

'' listen... she said... that you cheated on me. Sleeping with other men. She saw you in the motel's room with other guy. ''

'' i am not that kind of person '' I am his girlfriend, he should trust me more than my friend.