1

Now.

(Emma's face claim is Bridget Sattarlee)

Emma was tired, jetlagged and really not in the mood for drinking. It was an A-list event that she couldn't turn the invitation down to but now she half wished she had.

"You look as tired as I feel," Daniella laughs handing Emma another mojito.

Daniella was Emma's first friend in France, they had remained friends since she came back to the uk to set up a life in London, and when Daniella heard about Emma going into hair styling solo she agreed to be her assistant.

"I'm honestly shattered, that week in LA burnt me out."

"Did you not get any sleep today?" Daniella asks.

Emma shook her head. "Alex couldn't sleep so I didn't."

Daniella pouts with sympathy.

"Anyway, I've done some great networking and after this week in LA I think we've secured some more jobs with Luna." Luna was an up and coming actress in America. She had requested Emma to do her hair for the three tv interviews she had, Emma couldn't really believe it, but after the week and getting to know Luna a little more, she felt she could potentially book her again.

"You're on a roll girl. I'm so proud."

"Thank you,"

Emma looked around the event, it had had a lot of money spent on it. She was quite impressed. It was packed full of people, a lot of them celebrities she had either worked with or knew of. There were no Z-listers here, that's for sure.

She was still surprised that she was invited, but she had to remember the empire she had built for herself. She was Emma Lambley, celebrity hair stylist. She had traveled well with it, written for magazines, won Hairdresser of The Year award, worked with some pretty high end people too.

Looking over, she met his eyes and she couldn't quite believe that it was him at first, but after looking over again she could confirm it was him.

She hadn't seen him since she was eighteen. He had toured in Paris and she had gone with Daniella. They had loved it, spent the evening singing their hearts out then hanging out with them until Harry had to eventually say goodbye and go to the next city.

He had visited her twice after that, she had showed him the boutiques and taught him some french. They even shared a kiss or two. Neither of them could ignore the fact they both loved each other.

After that, contact dwindled and eventually they didn't speak. She took it as Harry had too much on and something had to give; that something being her. It hurt, she cried herself to sleep countless times but eventually she learnt to live without him.

But now, at twenty three nearly twenty four she felt like she was looking at a completely different man.

"He's here," Emma spoke into her glass Daniella still picked up on it.

"He is?"

Emma nods, looking away. "I can't breathe." She heads straight for the exit, not looking back to see if Danielle was following, she knew she would be.

When Emma got outside she let out a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I can't believe i've just seen him."

"Deep breaths," Daniella soothes.

"It's been five years, nearly six.. why am I reacting like this?" She panted.

"Shock. It does that to some people."

When she calmed down, Emma took out her phone. It was midnight, she could easily excuse herself now. The host Emilia Bennett a very successful shoe designer was a mother herself, she would understand Emma wanting to leave to get back to Alex.

When Emma arrived home, she smiled apologetically at Chloe; her nanny. She had been with Emma since Alex was six months old, with him now nearly three he had only ever known Emma and Chloe to be his primary carers. His dad was completely out of the picture. Not interested or bothered at all about him.

"How was he?" Emma asks taking off her heels.

"Absolutely fine, he cried a little before finally sleeping but I think that's more the jetlag."

"Thank you so much, I know you must be tired from LA too. So thank you for watching him tonight. I'm not going to do that again I'm shattered."

"It's fine, honestly. He went down at seven and then woke at nine for a cuddle."

"Bless him," She pouts. "Thank you again, the next three days you can have off. You've worked so hard this past week and I can't thank you enough."

"Thank you, Emma. I appreciate it."

"No problem. Now, go. Have fun, and I'll speak to you in three days," Emma smiles.

"See you soon." Chloe grins grabbing her bag.

Heading up to her room, Emma looked in to Alexander's room. He was flat out in his bed, his face perfect. He had inherited her eyes and nose, but definitely had his dad's lips and small ears.

Emma met his dad, Marco, at a concert she attended with Daniella in central Paris. They had a short-lived ten month romance, he was romantic and treated her like a princess but the minute she told him about the pregnancy he left her. He couldn't handle the commitment or the thought of being a father.

So Emma took on being a mother and father herself.

"Night, night buttercup." She whispered kissing his hair.

Changing and getting into her own bed had never felt so good, she was so happy to finally be in her bed. She placed her phone on charge and sank into her pillows, her mind drifting to those familiar green eyes she saw across the room not too long ago.