27

Harry.

Cameron looked tired when I arrived at her apartment, I had gone completely unnoticed. I generally liked New York for how invisible I could make myself here.

"How are you?" I ask, we were sat on the sofa her legs away from mine as she cradled a cup of something - I wasn't sure if it was tea or hot chocolate. I had just stuck with water.

"It's getting harder, I'm finding it hard to go outside. Paparazzi follow me asking about my career, my love life. Thankfully I can hide it with winter clothes but my face is changing, and what can I say about that?"

She had changed a lot since I last saw her in my kitchen, her face was filled out and her stomach was definitely protruding now.

"I'm in a sticky situation," I breathe.

She scoffs. "You're in a sticky situation? My mum is being unbearably awkward around me and my dad is barely speaking to me."

"I'm sorry to hear that,"

"No you're not," She shakes her head. "You're only bothered because you want to know if it's yours. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't."

"And why would I be? You cheated on me and now you're in this predicament, you can't really go at me when really, if you had been faithful this wouldn't have happened."

She swallows and I know she can't argue that.

"I'm in a sticky situation because I of course have Emma, and Alex."

"Who isn't your son,"

Her words anger me, she said it to get to me. She saw how much I love Alex, how he means as much as Emma.

"I have them at home, they're my family. I need to know and make sure that if this baby is mine that they are also okay."

"But it's not about Emma?" Cameron frowns.

"No, but she is my girlfriend who will have to understand that I will be bringing a child into the world with someone else."

"But she had a child with someone else so why does it matter?"

I take a deep breath. "That's different,"

Cameron rolls her eyes. "So what do you suggest? What do you suppose we do to make your life easier?"

"I want both of our lives to be easy."

"Bullshit," She scoffs into her mug.

"If this baby is mine, I will give you an allowance monthly that I shall go through with my legal team to have it settled. But, there will be no confirmation to press at all."

"And if the baby isn't yours?"

"Then do what you want," I shrug. "But all rumors that suggest I'm the father you have to decline and shut down completely."

She swallows hard. "Right, and up until we find out if he or she is yours?"

"I'll keep in contact, I'd like updates on how you're getting on. I'll give you a sum of money to get the things you need."

"But if the baby isn't yours, you'll have given me money still?"

I shrug. "You're still a mother, and you're still my ex who I cared deeply for."

She looks away. "Thank you,"

"Does.. The other guy know?"

She nods. "He's coming to stay with me for a bit, he wants us to really give us a try."

"And if the babies mine?"

She shrugs. "He doesn't care. He wants to be with me,"

I nod. "That's good."

"Emma doesn't know?"

I sigh. "Not yet, I'm going to speak with her when I get back. She'll be shocked but we've gotten through worse." I smile slightly hoping to reassure myself more than anything.

"She's a cool girl, I know I haven't always been the nicest but honestly, from what I've seen.. You love her."

"More than she'll ever know,"

Emma.

Gemma had come round to Harry's for lunch, we had really gotten back in touch with one another. I was glad to have her around, she kept me sane although she said things sometimes that sounded like Harry or would give me a look that was the double of him and I'd roll my eyes at how alike they are.

Harry was back tomorrow and I had missed him a lot even though we had spoken everyday. I still have the feeling of something going on but I pushed it to the back of my head whenever it crept up.

I had spoken to Gemma about it but she had just waved it off. 'Harry doesn't tell anyone what he's doing or where he's going, trips like this are normal and nothing to worry about.' I know she tried to reassure me, but she didn't.

I had lay Alex down for his afternoon nap when I head back downstairs to the kitchen to help Gemma tidy away lunch things.

"Something to tell me?" Gemma grinned from ear to ear, she had something behind her back.

"What?" I laugh picking up a plate to dry with the towel.

She takes it from behind her back to show me.

A scan photo.

I frown taking it from her, placing the plate down. "Where did you get this?" I ask observing the photo.

"This drawer," Her smile slowly dissolves when she realises it isn't mine.

"New York," I swallow.

Gemma looks at it with me. "What?"

"Lenox Hill Hospital," I read. "That's in New York. Where Harry is now." I swallow, barely blinking as I stare at it.

"There's no details, just Lenox Hill." She says quietly. "Odd."

I see as my phone lights up with an incoming call from Harry. I quickly decline it. "Very odd."