24

Harry;

Harry;

Emma slept the entire way home, I didn't mind having to drive three hours in silence - it was what I deserved after our disagreement.

I dropped her, Alex and her car at their place so they could unpack and called for a car to pick me up to take me back to mine. I didn't want to leave Emma when she was still angry at me but I had to get back in time to shower and eat before Cameron came round. I promised her the second Cameron left I'd be back to hers but I think in all honesty it just added insult to injury more than anything.

I wasn't thinking clearly, and now that I see it from Emma's point of view I have been pretty shit. If her ex showed up at her place to talk I'd be annoyed.

When Cameron arrived she looked different. Her hair was shorter than I remember and she didn't have much makeup on.

"How are you?" I ask pouring her some water. I decided to just keep it short and sweet and to stay in the kitchen.

"I'm good, how have you been?"

I nod. "Okay thank you."

"I saw you're doing the VS show."

I smile. "Yeah,"

"I bet Emma isn't too happy," She looks away.

I hand her her water. "She's actually quite cool with it to be honest, she's coming with me.."

"Right, yeah.. course."

There was an awkward silence and I didn't know what to do or say, and by the look of Cameron it looked like she didn't either.

"Look, Cameron.. I don't really know what's going on but I thought we were both on mutual ground about.. us." I gestured between us.

"Oh, I am." She smiles. "I've met someone else, don't worry I'm not here because of that."

"Right.."

She takes in a deep breath. "I'm here because of this," She reaches in her bag and takes something out of it, an envelope.

She slides it over my counter and I swallow hard as I pick it up. I look at her quizzically and she nods with encouragement to open it.

I slowly take it out and I feel my heart sink. "Is this..?"

"A scan," She tells me what I already know.

"I'm pregnant, Harry."

I can't do anything but stare at the scan.

"And it's.."

"Yours? That's the thing," She shifts uncomfortably.

I frown.

"It could be yours, but I also.. I met someone else." She looks away.

"When we were together?" I whisper.

She nods.

I look back down at the scan. "So you mean to tell me that not only are you pregnant, there's a fifty percent chance that it's mine and you also cheated on me?"

She swallows meeting my eyes. "Yes," She speaks quietly.

I sit back. "Wow,"

"Don't act all high and mighty, you were with Emma the whole time." She points angrily.

"I didn't go near Emma until we finished. I could never cheat on anyone, call me what you want but I am loyal."

Cameron looks away. "I'm sorry,"

"Sorry," I laugh. "You're sorry. Do you know what you have done?"

"I have done?" She scoffs. "It takes two to make a baby Harry,"

"Clearly three if you don't even know for sure who the father is."

She was silent.

"This is going to ruin my life."

Cameron looks up at me, her eyes full of tears. It was a hard sight to see but at the same time I found it a little difficult to sympathise right now.

"I can't do this alone Harry."

I look up at her. "What?"

"I can't bring a baby up alone. I'm useless, I wouldn't know where to start."

"So you've come here hoping I'll take this on when I'm not even sure to be the father,"

She nods.

"Can't you get a DNA test?"

"I asked my doctor and he said he will be happy to do this when I'm twenty eight weeks."

"And what are you now?"

"Just about to go into my eighth week."

I shake my head. "You want me to wait four months to find out if it's even mine?!"

"I need you to help me Harry."

I felt torn. If I help her and it's not even mine then I'll look a fool, but if it is mine and I turn her away then I'll look even worse.

And what about Emma? What do I tell Emma? We weren't together when Cameron and i conceived the child but it's going to cause some tension between us. She's my girlfriend at the end of the day, not Cameron.

"I need to think." I rub my forehead.

"Okay," Her voice was full of emotion. "I fly back to New York on Sunday and I'm going to be staying there, I want to have him or her in the US."

"I'll.. I'll get back to you." I swallow. "When I'm ready."

Cameron nods slowly standing up and collecting her bag. "That's yours to keep," She points at the scan.

"Uh, yeah..thanks."

I show her out before returning to the kitchen to look at the scan. "Are you mine?" I ask it quietly.

I stare for some time before placing it in a drawer and grabbing my things before heading over to Emma's.

She didn't seem to have lightened all that much when I get back to hers but I notice Alex is now in bed.

"What did Cameron want?" She asks bringing us both in a tea.

I thank her and take a sip as we settle down to watch a film. "Oh, uh just to talk about us. She wanted closure I guess, and to collect her things she left." I felt awful for lying. I felt sick. I felt like after this I could never escape it.

"Oh, so she's okay?"

I nod. "Fine, just collecting stuff."

Emma watches me for a moment and I feel anxious that she can tell I'm lying but instead she smiles and cuddles into me.

"Thank you for everything this week."

I swallow, my guilt so heavy I feel nauseous. "Anything for you, always."