10

Emma;

When we landed in San Francisco I felt a little nervous for what was to come. It wasn't until we got to the hotel that I realised this was happening. Actually happening.

I settled Alex down for a nap hoping I could keep his routine still - even with the 8 hour difference from home.

I gave Chloe the afternoon and evening off as we wouldn't be starting until tomorrow, she was in the room three doors down from me.

I checked through my emails whilst looking for some new clothes to change into. Flights always made me feel disgusting.

My phone rang and I quickly picked it up hoping it didn't disturb Alex. He shuffled but didn't wake. Phew.

I stepped into the en-suite and answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, you here?" Harry asked.

"I am, Alex is just napping and I'm doing some emails."

The past couple of weeks leading up to tour has been crazy. I was doing other jobs, handling Alex and also preparing for this tour and packing for myself and Alex for a month away.

I hadn't had time to focus on much else but I had heard through the grape vine that Harry had started seeing someone. I didn't know her or what she did, but I was a little surprised he hadn't told me. I would have at least expected him to say something.

"Everyone is going for drinks tonight if you're interested?"

"Oh, I can't. I have Alex and I've already given Chloe the evening off."

"Ah, I see. There was someone I wanted you to meet."

"Your girlfriend?" I ask.

"Not.. not girlfriend, yet. Friend of mine, that's female."

I swallow. "Right." I wasn't really sure why I had such a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"But I get that you have Alex. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, you will. See you tomorrow, H."

"Bye Em."

(Suede Brooks as Cameron)

Harry;

"Is your friend Emma not coming?" Cameron asks as we walk towards everyone else who was meeting for drinks. It was just in the hotel bar as I couldn't be bothered to go out and draw paparazzi in. "..Sorry, I heard you ask her on the phone and by your answer I could kind of tell the answer was negative."

I wasn't aware that Cameron was able to fly in but I was happy she was. She didn't have any shoots for the next couple of days so she was able to join me.

I had every intention on keeping Cameron quiet just because she herself is quiet and isn't very good with attention, even though she's a model she's actually very introverted.

"She has a little boy so she wants to stay in with him."

"Sweet, how old?"

"Two,"

"That's such a cute age." Cameron smiles.

"Yeah, he's a nice little boy. I'm sure you'll meet him tomorrow,"

I hadn't spoken to Emma at all about Cameron but I knew that there had been things online about us and she must have seen them. She hadn't brought her up to me until tonight when she outright said 'your girlfriend?'

"Hey guys," I smile joining everyone. "This is Cameron," I introduce. She gives them all a shy smile and wave before sitting down next to Alex, my keyboard and guitarist in my band.

We all drink and talk, the conversation easy. I wanted everyone to get comfortable with one another, we had done that during rehearsals but much like in One Direction I wanted there to be friendships on and off the stage, between everyone not just the band, not just the stylists, not just the sound guys; I wanted everyone to be friends.

I couldn't help but miss Emma a little, her infectious smile would be beaming at everyone as she listened to their stories. She wasn't shy, quiet sometimes but never shy.

I excused myself carefully kissing Cameron on the cheek and letting her know I'll be back in a moment.

I call Emma once I reach a private area, certain she wasn't going to answer but then-

"Hello?"

"Have I woke you?!" I fret looking at the time. It was 23:30.

"Kinda," She laughs groggily. "I'm trying to sleep now in hopes the jet lag isn't too bad. My brain thinks it's half three in the afternoon."

"Shit, sorry."

"It's okay, Alex was a nightmare. He napped fine but when it came to sleeping earlier he was wide awake." She sighs.

"You should have said, I'd of come up."

"No, no it's fine. He watched a film and fell asleep."

"Do you need anything?"

"No thanks. Just a decent nights sleep," She half laughs.

"Sorry again for waking you, just missed you at the drinks that's all."

"I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah, Oh.. Emma?" I was kind of thinking of ways to keep her on the phone. It was selfish of me because I know she wanted to sleep, but she wasn't shutting me down.

"Yeah?"

"You're on my jet tomorrow night right? For the flight to LA?"

"I wasn't going to be.. I was told I was with Harry Lambert and everyone."

"Come with me, come with the band. That way you get to speak with Cameron too,"

She was silent for a moment before replying, "Yeah, okay. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, Em."

___________________

A/N:

I know Harry is allegedly dating Camille Rowe right now but I thought I'd change it up a bit.

It's easier for me to write about Harry with a fictional girlfriend than about him and Camille as; - A) I know nothing about their relationship and B) I can't give Camille a certain personality that she may not have in real life if that makes sense? It would be unfair for me to write about her in a way that she isn't. So yes, just so no one is confused :)

Thanks for reading! How do you think Emma and Cameron will be around each other?

Es xo