34

Emma

Emma.

Harry and I were silent as he kicks off his boots. Alex couldn't stop bouncing in his chair as he ate his lunch, excited to see Harry. I on the other hand was a little apprehensive.

"How is my best man?" Harry smiles sitting beside Alex.

Alex hands him a carrot stick.

"Thanks," Harry smiles taking a bite of it.

I swallow my tea and watch the two of them interact, Alex was so happy that Harry was back and Harry seemed to relax instantly in Alex's presence.

"How was the flight back?" I ask, taking a small bite of my sandwich, I didn't have much of an appetite, too anxious for Harry's arrival, but I still wanted to eat something.

"It was okay, I slept for most of it to fight the jetlag and so that I'd have some energy for today,"

I nod.

"Did you plan anything for today?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Maybe take a walk to the park or something,"

After lunch I tidy up and load the dishwasher while Harry plays outside with Alex and the fire engine. I found it was far too cold but neither of them were too bothered.

Throwing my coat and boots on I join them.

I smile sitting on the bench, Alex giggles as Harry pretends to run away from him on the fire engine.

After a while, Harry grows tired and joins me on the bench whilst Alex plays with his sand pit.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him, not able to avoid the elephant in the room much longer.

"I don't really know, it's weird." He takes my hand and squeezes it.

"Is she happy?"

He nods. "Very,"

"Did she find out the sex?"

"Yes but she isn't saying,"

I bite my lip. "Cool,"

"You don't have to pretend to care," Harry laughs. "We know it isn't mine now,"

I laugh. "I'm just relieved more than anything for you," I lay my head on his shoulder. "I was scared for you, your entire life would be changed, I spoke to Gemma and she suggested we move to New York with you and although I'd be happy to do that.."

Harry kisses my temple. "I know, but now we don't have to, I'm staying here with you and Alex."

I sigh happily. On the inside I was so happy the baby wasn't his, this meant we could return back to our lives.

"I love you," Harry kisses me.

"I love you, too."