16

~ Flashback ~

"..So it's true. You're.."

"Pregnant?" I look at my mum. "Yeah.."

"Well, you're young but so was I. I can't fault you, I believe you'll be a truly wonderful mother."

I smile. "Thanks mum."

"I don't know if., if I'll be here to see him or her grow up-"

"Don't talk like that mum. You'll have the operation, the radiation is working. You're going to kick cancers bum and we're going to see my beautiful boy or girl grow. You aren't leaving me," I place my hand on my stomach. "Or us,"

She smiles, tears in her eyes.

"And.. that's why I'm moving back. Here,"

My mother's jaw drops and it was almost like she was more shocked at that than me being pregnant.

"What?"

"I want to be closer to you, and I want him or her to be raised in England."

"But you have a life there,"

"I do, but its not home."

"You'll move here?"

"Not Holmes Chapel, London. All my clients will be there so it makes sense. But at least I'll be a car journey away as opposed to a flight and a car journey away."

"I'm so happy, what has Marco said?"

"Well.. He was angry about the pregnancy. Left me in the cafe alone. He doesn't know that I'm moving back, but it's not up to him. We've been over for a while I guess."

"So you'll raise him or her single?"

I nod. "Yeah, why not? Plenty of women and men do it."

"But baby, you're starting in your career."

"Yeah and? I can do both mum. Watch me."

"Okay," She sighs. "You're strong enough by yourself I know, I just worry. When you're a parent you'll understand that too."

I smile. "Thank you for worrying about me. I'll always appreciate that."

"