4

~ Flashback

"Are you sure you want this?" Harry asked, not completely sure if Emma wanted to go through with it.

"You've had one, why can't I?"

"It's a tattoo Em. You have them for life."

"Yes and.. you have that star, you wanted that for life."

"So you're getting it?"

She nods, fastening up her boot. "Are you going to take me in your new Range or what?" She smirks.

Harry had only passed his driving test a month ago and had already bought a Range Rover. Emma rolled her eyes when he pulled up outside hers for the first time making her 2008 plate Corsa look ancient.

He also had his first tattoo whilst in America. He had gotten a star, Emma liked it but told him not to get hundreds, he'd only end up regretting them.

Harry drove them to the tattoo artist he had read about. He was apparently one of the best in England. Emma had driven down to London to spend some time with Harry for a long weekend. He had been busy touring America and they'd gone six weeks without seeing one another.

He was due back in America and she knew this time it would be a lot longer. She knew this time would be harder. She had been applying for jobs abroad, mainly in France and hoped to find out before he went back on tour if she'd secured anything but so far nothing. If not, the next time she'd see him in person could potentially be Christmas.

"Do you have your tattoo idea ready?" Emma asked as he drove carefully. She had been passed five months before him so she felt a lot more confident on the roads.

"Yeah, course. We both designed them together,"

"I wasn't sure if you had changed your mind."

"Course not," He rolled his eyes.

They had both wanted tattoos that reminded them of each other. Emma wanted her first tattoo to be meaningful and what better meaning than to have one that symbolises her best friend?

Harry had designed the world with a love heart in the middle of it. He wanted it out of sight from the world, they liked to pry and guess what things meant, but Emma was his, not the worlds.  He had designed a world with a heart because the name Emma means whole and universal.

They had both agreed on the inner ankle.

Emma was going for a house with a heart in the middle, the name Harry means protector of the home. She also liked it because she always felt at home with him.

Emma felt a little lightheaded at the first touch of the needle, but after a while she got used to it. She had watched Harry all so effortlessly take the pain so she knew it wouldn't be too bad - and it wasn't.

After a couple of hours when they could take the wrap off Harry smiled down at them. "You got me for life now,"

Emma laughed. "Yeah, it appears so."

"