Chapter 5

"So, tell about Landon again?" Bella questioned as she munched on her baby carrots.

I shrugged and shook my head. "That was it."

"So you're telling me that he could've got shot? And you hid with him?"

I nodded.

"And he didn't beat you up?"

I shook my head.

"And you trusted him?"

I slowly nodded, then questioned myself afterwards.

"Did you guys kiss?" Bella teased and pointed a finger at me.

I jerked up and shook my head rapidly. "No! Jesus, never!" I denied.

"Come on, with those attractive blue eyes and messy brown hair, every girl falls for him. You have to admit he's hot."

"Not at all."

"Not even a little bit?"

"Nope."

"What are you guys talking about?" Colton laughed as he sat down next to me. He set his tray down in front of him and took a bite of the fake lasagna.

"Nothing!" "Aubrey kissed Landon last night!" Bella and I said at the same time.

"Did not!" I screeched and threw a baby carrot at her. Bella laughed and attempted to dodge the carrot as it hit perfectly at the center of her forehead. We both busted out laughing as Bella wiped the carrot juice off of her forehead.

Colton sat there laughing along, yet clueless to the story.

"You two are weird," he commented.

"Thanks!" we both said in unison.

"Even more weird," Colton said as he looked at both of us.

Bella and I smiled at each other before we both huddled around Colton.

"Isaiah is getting benched for two weeks," Bella started.

"Well yeah, he was beaten his life out of his body," Colton scoffed.

"But is Landon going to get in trouble at all?" I asked.

"Well, nothing Isaiah can do about it. Landon's dad can pay off any discipline remember? That includes police reports."

"That's unfair," I frowned at Colton's conclusion.

"Life's unfair," he commented.

"Colton, don't you think Landon is hot?" Bella asked.

Colton furrowed his eyebrows in a confused expression and looked at Bella. "I don't think he's hot. But he is handsome."

"Would you date him?" she asked him.

"No. . . ?" he answered slowly, "Why do you guys forget that I'm straight?" he asked as he grabbed one of the nuts and popped it in his mouth.

I laughed at their comments and shook my head.

"He's not hot, Bella. Quit dreaming."

- - -

I sighed as I leaned back on my seat. Then it occurred to me that I was in art class, aka stools. I shrieked as I fell back, off of the stool. Many eyes were quickly drawn towards me as well as a couple of giggles and laughs.

I laughed at myself and stood up, dusting myself off.

"Uh, Aubrey," one of the student next to me called out.