Chapter 36

I found myself being dragged down the same mall that Landon and I went to not too long ago; with a wild Isaiah tagging behind us. Sighing as I held my hand out in front of me, I acted in defeat as he pulls be towards random stores that I've never even heard of. I tried to convince Landon that Bella probably had something in her closet for me to wear, but he did nothing but hush me and explain how important and formal this party was supposed to be.

Couldn't relate, it's just a party.

"Just pick one, and let's go home," I whined, slightly tapping my feet against the floor as I see him dig through the few glistening dresses that were hung on the rack.

He ignored me, "What size are you?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, "Two?"

Landon shoots me a look of disbelief as he pulls out a random dress, holding it out in front of me. I smiled in amusement as his fashionista side starts seeking through. I looked over my shoulder revealing Isaiah, who was absolutely clueless as to how dress hunting actually works. I was on the same page.

"Is this where they really buy their dresses?" Isaiah muttered.

I gave him a shrug as Landon tosses him a glare, "Really, Isaiah? Your family is just as rich as mine, you know how these parties work."

Isaiah mocked Landon's shrug and shook his head, "Yeah, but I never knew dresses cost over a hundred. They all look the same."

"Here, try this on," he says, ignoring Isaiah's presence as he pulls out a long white, sparkling maxi dress. It was an expensive piece, I was able to tell the moment we walked into the store; before he even laid eyes on the dress.

"No, no," I put my hand up defensively as I looked at the dress of money.

Landon shrugs, "Alright then," he simply responded as he drags the dress towards the cash register.

"Wait, you don't have to buy it for me," I called out, following behind him as I grabbed the bottom of the dress that was dragging against the carpet. It was too pricey for it to be dragging around in the store.

"Do you want to buy it?" Landon rebutted, tossing the dress over the counter as the cashier grabs the dress carefully and scans the card.

I slipped my body between Landon and the register, attempting to block him from paying, "I can borrow a dress from Bella. I'm sure she's going to have something I can wear for the night."

My idea slapped me in the back of my head as Landon rests both of his hands on the counter, locking me between his arms.

"Aubrey," he releases a smile of dominance as he peers over my body, "I told you already, it's not just a party."

"Yes it is," we hear Isaiah said as he was casually third wheeling our little affair.

"Isaiah, please," Landon was quick to get annoyed. He turned half of his body around, lifting one of his arm up to hold Isaiah back from fishing anymore excuses.

Taking this chance, I slipped out of the little jail cell and revealed a lost Landon, who soon to check out the dress.

Isaiah and I exchange glances as to how extra Landon was acting.

"Is the party really a big deal?" I asked Isaiah.

He finally releases a smile and nods, "Yeah."

The more I listen to these two argue, the more confused I am with the plot.

- - -