Chapter 10

With my fingers tapping against my chin, and my rabbit slippers slapping the hard wood floor as I take each step; I paced around the center of my bedroom. I was wearing one of Colton's oversized olive-green hoodie, along with my loose pajama pants dragging on the floor, and my messy wavy hair was sitting in a loose bun on top of my head.

"You look like you're about to go to war," Isaiah commented, laughing at my uncontrollable pacing.

I quickly hushed him as I brought my fingers back up to my chin.

"I left the classroom right after the incident," I mumbled to myself, "there's no way I put that in my locker!" I screamed as I pointed to the galaxy painting laying innocently on the edge of my bed.

In the corner of my eyes, I can see Isaiah looking at me as if I was possessed. I put my hands on my hips and quickly turned my body towards him, examining him from head to toe. Isaiah suddenly jerked up, holding his hands up as if he was just being stopped by the police. I slowly took my gaze away from Isaiah and squinted my eyes at the painting.

"But only I know the combination to my locker," I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"Are you a hundred percent sure, you didn't put it in there?" he asked me.

Isaiah was sitting on the bean bag that was in the corner of my bedroom, next to the window. He had his backpack sitting on his thighs as his legs laid straight out on the floor with his feet crossed.

"A hundred and ten," I waved him off.

After years of walking in a circle, I decided to give up on the mystery. I took the canvas and toss it into the corner of my bedroom, where all my finished art projects end up. It's unbelievable how much paintings a girl can create in her lifetime. There were a handful in the corner of my room, and an infinite amount of paintings in the garage. There were even a few hung up around the house as wall décor. Austin even has three paintings on his wall, although he is never in his room.

Suddenly my bedroom door busted open as Austin called my name at the top of this lungs. I lifted my eyebrows and turned towards the door, oblivious to that fact that I had a boy in my room. Austin froze as his gaze slowly went from me to Isaiah. As soon as I got the gist of what Austin was thinking, I jumped up and waved my hands at him.

"It's not what it looks like!" I panicked, covering my face in surprise.

Austin stood there silently as he continued to stare back and forth between me and Isaiah. Slowly, Austin finally took a step into my bedroom and held his hand out towards Isaiah, "Austin." He blankly greeted.

Isaiah smiled and grabbed his hand, shaking it firmly before introducing himself to Austin.

"No offense," Austin started, "but why are you in my little sister's room?" Austin crosses his arms, leaning his weight towards his left leg while tapping his right food against the floor. Austin was wearing panda slippers that slapped the floor every time his foot met it.

By the look of Isaiah's face, I can sense the awkward aura in the room. Isaiah looked Austin up and down, rotating between Austin's eyes and his panda slippers.

"She invited—"

"School project!" I voluntarily interrupted him. I flashed a huge grin towards Austin and grabbed his arm, "Okay my dear loving brother, we need to focus on our assignment now!"

I dragged Austin back towards the door and tried to push him with all of my strength. Austin didn't budge; however he took a step back from be slamming the door in his face.