Chapter 30

We stayed in that room for about fifteen minutes after the incident, none of us bothered to speak up after the corruption. Landon held the paper between his fingers, his lips calmly pressed against each other while his eyes tracks down ever single word on the document. The only thing that was heard through the silence were each of our breaths.

I was now leaning against the wall almost comfortably, while Landon maintains his position in front of me. His hand was resting on the wall next to my head while his other hand held the paper carefully between us; I didn't feel trapped under his control. His attention was fully kept onto the paper, and my attention was fully kept onto him.

My eyes trailed from his messy dark hair, to his diamond blue eyes. His face was still as beautiful as ever, and for some reason I never got tired of the same old physical appearance he has. He was always dressed a little over the top for school, maybe even something in relation to the next top model's everyday outfit.

Landon looks up from his paper, with the same expression of disbelief swept across his face. He opened in mouth in effort to say something but froze instead. Instead of continuing his sentence, he did a double take on the document and flipped through the pages rigorously.

"But how?" he asks himself in a low tone.

"What do you mean how?" I interrupted his thoughts, loud enough for my voice to almost echo throughout the empty art classroom.

We both observed the paper, although I knew he had more knowledge on what was written on it than I was.

It was then when I felt a hand slip into mine. I felt a lightning struck from my hand and almost immediately, I yanked my hand back; only for the grip to tighten around my palms.

Landon exchanges a look at me, and without giving me a second option, he drags me out of the classroom closing the door with a loud bang.

Upon impact of the door, students started to turn our way as their jaw slightly drops in amusement, shock, and mix of feelings. Almost everyone in the school knows that Landon and I have issues between each other. The love and hate friendship we have sent many different messages towards our peers which results to many rumors. However, seeing us walk hand in hand as if we were ready to fight in the war was something almost no one expected to see.

As I was dragged down the hallway, I caught eyes with two familiar pairs of blues and browns. Colton and Bella were hanging out by her locker until both of them locks eyes with me one after another. Colton wasn't surprise by my dramatic run through with Landon, Bella was almost the opposite. Bella almost fell off her feet, seeing Landon and I hand in hand.

Before I was able to exchange any sort of communication towards my two best friends, I was immediately dragged out of the hallway and on the way towards the student parking lot.

"Landon," a familiar voice called out.

Landon almost hesitated to continue walking, but fell back in place as he continues to walk faster.

"Landon, man," Isaiah slightly chuckles as he jogs up towards Landon and I, almost ignoring my attendance, "Why are you in such a rush?"

Isaiah's eyes trailed over to me, and back to Landon; soon leading up to our hands locked in each other's. His expression suddenly hardened the moment he realizes that we were both together. By the time Landon stops his tracks, Isaiah was already in front of him eyeing him down as his he was a dominant predator.

"What are you doing," Isaiah muttered underneath his breath, trying to hide his words from other students who were casually spectating the situation.

Landon sighs and pushes Isaiah aside as he attempted to walk forward, "Trust me, I'll explain later."

I couldn't do anything but to follow Landon due to my desperation in getting the explanation. Within barely taking the next step, I felt Isaiah's hand suddenly clutching my elbow, yanking me back with full force. Immediately, we all stopped out tracks as the both men hung onto the each of my arms.