Chapter 43

I held the check in both of my hands, staring down at the paper in awe from all the zeros scribbled into the box. I couldn't imagine happiness after receiving this piece of paper that could hold my whole family's fortune.

A small smile was swept across my lips before I opened the sketchbook, sticking the check in the middle of my two favorite sketches before shoving it into my book stand. I breathed out in relief before backing away from the bookshelf, staring at it in awe.

I can't believe it.

I rubbed my palms against my dark washed jeans and walked over to my bag, swinging it over my shoulder before I made my way out of the bedroom. Austin chose to sleep in today, and my father has already left early for work as usual.

I still yet have told them about the debt.

My phone suddenly dinged.

7:55 AM

Colton

I'm outside.

I squinted at the phone, confused. I don't remember asking him for a ride to school. However, I curiously walked towards the front door, opening it as the bright rays from the sunlight lit upon my face.

"Aubrey!" Bella beamed.

Her curly, orange-red hair reflected the sunlight. The upper half of her body was sticking out from the sunroof, while the bottom half was covered by Colton's dark tinted windows.

The moment my lips formed into a large smile, the passenger window of Colton's rolled down; revealing him in his Ray Ban shades. He sent me a large smile and motioned me to come towards them.

"We missed you," Bella cooed, pouting at me as she rests her elbows on the roof of the car.

"I missed you guys too," I responded, crossing my arms in a joking manner as I skipped towards the car. Bella climbed down from the sunroof, and propped herself in the backseat as Colton unlocked the door for me to enter.

I jumped into the passenger seat and turned towards Bella, grinning widely at her. I held my arms out between the small space between the drivers and passenger's seat. Bella didn't even hesitate to jump into my arms as we both hugged each other tightly despite the cup holders and arm rest between us.

She pushed me away as she cupped my face, squealing as if we haven't seen each other in years. 

"You look so grown!"

I laughed, "Bella, we only haven't seen each other for like a week," I shook my head at her.

"Yeah," she groans, "Ever since that thing dramatically dragged you down the hallway."

A smirk appeared onto her lips as my lips formed into a defensive 'o', gasping for air as if what she said wasn't true.

"So, what about him?" Colton speaks up, tilting his sunglasses downwards as it hangs on the tip of his nose, mimicking Bella's devious smirk.

I looked between my best friends, giggling nervously from their attack.

"I mean he's cute," I innocently defended.

Bella's gasp was heard over Colton's start of the engine. Colton's eyebrows were raised as both of my friends started panicking from my little confession.

"What have you two done?" Bella grinned, leaning onto the arm rest that was set between Colton and I.

"Nothing," I smiled, shaking my head as nothing honestly popped into my head. I turned back around to face the from, leaning back against the chair before Bella bolts up.