Chapter 24

"Are you serious, Aubrey?" Bella warns me in her motherly tone as she crosses her arms, "Again?"

I nodded slowly in regret.

"You remember what happened to you the last time you gave him a chance?" Bella scowls, tapping her foot against the white marble floor. I was sitting on one of the chairs in the school lounge, looking up at her with my sketchbook resting on my lap.

"Yeah, but," I shrugged and talked in a slightly high-pitched voice, "I still want to know what all of that was about?" I questionably answered, looking like a complete fool.

Bella rolls her eyes, and sits down on the arm rest of my chair, "Alright, fine. But this better be for a good reason this time," she sighs, looking down at her feet.

"Okay, mom," I joked, nudging her side as she jumped up from the arm rest. She squealed from her ticklish sides; earning many glares from the students studying around us. I smiled at her and hid my head from all the eyes; looking down at my notebook, and continued sketching.

The pencil lightly brushed against the paper, creating soft strokes of lead before I felt something pressing softly against my eyes. It was a pair of palms, hovering over both of my eyes. I curiously held the hands, with a smile plastered on my face, "Bella, what are you doing?" I laughed slightly.

Bella giggled and from my side and answered, "It's not me."

I could feel Bella's arm brushing against mine as she sat on the arm rest of the chair again.

"Colton?" I guess again, blinking as my eyelashes brushed against the palm. I felt the knuckles of the palm, it was scratchy; maybe even scarred.

"Guess again," the voice sang.

I shot up from my seat and pushed Isaiah's hands out of my face, "Go away," I hissed underneath my breath.

I didn't know what I was angry at him about. The fact that I trusted him and gave Landon another chance, or the fact that he beat the crap out of Landon. Those are two completely compelling reasons.

I shook my head and tried to focus my attention onto my sketchbook. Isaiah invited himself to sit on the other side of the arm rest, smiling sheepishly at me.

"What are you drawing?" he asked.

I continued to ignore him.

Bella, sitting on the opposite side leans down and whispers in my ear, "What is he doing here?"

"I don't know," I hissed back, sending a glare towards Isaiah.

"Jeez," he held up both of his hands. His right wrist was wrapped around with white cloth, probably an injury from the victory fight against Landon. I stared at his wrist uninterestedly and blinked at him.

"Come on, I told you I owed you," he pursued, looking down at me. His black wavy hair hung down towards the middle of his forehead.

"Doesn't mean you can just beat someone else up, lifelessly," I mumbled underneath my breath, turning my attention back down to my lap.

Bella started to feel uncomfortable in her seat, and suddenly stood up, "I'm going to go to the bathroom," she casually excuses before drifting off.

I pressed my lips together after acknowledging the fact that Bella had left me alone with Isaiah. I closed my sketchbook and grabbed my backpack in attempt to leave as soon as possible.

Isaiah didn't say anything. Instead, got up and stood up as if he was waiting for me to pack up so we could go somewhere together. I tried to ignore him, hoping that if I ignore him enough; he would just leave.