Chapter 32

Landon looks up at me from the paper, eyes filled with a little worrisome but mostly guilt. My mouth was open, speechless as all I could do was stare off into the blank space. It felt like my heart had stopped.

I shifted uncomfortably from my seat.

For three years? Eight grand in three years.

I can hear Landon turning towards me in his seat, the soft leather creating a soft sound of friction as he tries to make eye contact with me.

"I can help you," he spoke up in the silence, voice soft as it'll ever get.

Even though I know his intentions were to help me out, I couldn't understand how a nineteen-year-old man, is able to throw around his money; specially to help out someone who he probably despise since the beginning of our meeting.

"No," I bluntly answered, shaking my head in disbelief, "I don't need your help, Landon."

He leans towards me. Although there was a tight space in the car, his body managed to speak itself as well as giving me the personal space that I rightfully deserved.

"Please," he begged, whispering in a sense. He places his hand on my knee as he peered through my gaze.

"No, Landon," I said again, in a harsh tone, "Every single time you've tried to be nice, something has to go wrong."

Silence fills the air again as I laid back against my seat, closing my eyes from the stress that was rushed over my body. Half of me feels annoyed by Landon's constant insist on helping, the other half of me feels guilty from my always pushing Landon away. No matter how many times I've attempted to push Landon away whether it's physically or emotionally; he still shows up out of the blue.

"Fine," he answers as he closes the manila folder, tossing it in the backseat carelessly. I can sense Landon starting to feel heated from my denial. He sighs, loud enough for me to hear before starting the engine on his car, "You handle it then."

I pressed my lips together, realizing that this was possibly the first time Landon has ever showed his anger towards me. Normally, he would fight back or do something to make me feel a little more insecure; this time he was quiet. He was really mad.

Without bothering to second guess his actions, he stomps on the gas as he reversed in speed; changing gears and sped out of the parking garage. My heart skips its beat multiple times but I had to much pride to admit my sensitivity in fast moving cars. Instead, I slipped my right hand underneath my right thigh, gripping the back of my leg tightly as he rushes down the empty street that was starting to get darker.

Although there was awkward tension in the car, I was too busy thinking about the life-death crisis that could kill us in any minute. Landon keeps his eyes on the road, blankly. His left hand resting on the driver's wheel as his right hand was casually holding the gear stick. He looked extremely calm ironically to his actions of swerving left and right on the highway while running over a hundred miles per hour.

While cutting off another sports car, the driver of that car soon gained some aggression and caught up to our speed. I watched in shock as I see Landon making eye contact with the other driver controlling the white Tesla. I felt the two of them smirk from both of my sides before they exchange winks; racing down the highway as the two begins to charge at each other.

Second after seconds, both of the cars were head for head, switching lanes and cutting off other drivers acting as if it was a police chase. I shut my eyes tightly as our car sped up, I could feel my body being forced back into my seat due to the face paced car. My heart has skipped too many beats for me to even feel alive at that point.