Chapter 37

Isaiah and I were sitting in the basement together, joking about the little fangirls he had around in school during his soccer games. Even though Isaiah never talks about the little fan group he has, he was very well aware of the existence of girls gushing over him.

"Come on, you were probably like 'Oh my goodness, Isaiah's so hot I wish he can kick the ball like how he – ow!"

I kept a killer smile on my face as my hand made impact to the side of his head. There was a loud slapping sound while laughter escaped my lips. I couldn't help but find amusement in Isaiah's cheerful personality. The only side that I've experienced was his childish moments where he seemed to not be aware of his surroundings.

Isaiah leans towards me as he grabs both of my wrist, laughing as he attempts to growl at the same time. I leaned away from him and shaking off my shoes, bringing my feet over the couch and onto his chest. I pushed him away with the strength of my legs, uncontrollably laughing at the sight of a wild Isaiah.

"Stop! Stop, I'm sorry," I cried, trying to hide my face under the decorative pillow.

"Aubrey Watson!" he snarls, shaking my arms with my wrist with a devious smile.

"You two are getting along pretty well," a voice interrupted out bonding moment. We stayed in that weird position, looking up at the interruption as if we were just caught as cat and dogs.

Standing in front of us was Landon, dressed in a regular black suit and a bowtie that complimented his slightly tan skin and dark brunette hair. His light blue eyes were piercing at both of our bodies and Isaiah and I were bewildered from his stunning appearance; and getting caught in the act.

I looked up as Isaiah against and pushed him with my feet once more as his hands releases my wrist. We both sat up and brushed our outfits and hair before obediently facing Landon. My cheeks were gushing red; not because I had a little fun moment with Isaiah, but because the embarrassment of getting caught in that position by Landon. That position probably brought in so many misunderstandings.

"Anyways," Landon trialed off as he sat on the coffee table, facing both of us.

Isaiah suddenly cut him off, "Wait, it's only eight. Why are you here already?"

Landon blinks at Isaiah and innocently answers with a "Because I can."

"But that wasn't part of the plan."

"Isaiah, me arriving early has nothing to do with the plan." He sighs, covering his face with his palms.

"What?"

"I just came a little early."

"But you Carthys always come 'fashionably late'," Isaiah rebutted, putting quotes into the air as he jokes around with Landon.

I looked back and forth between Landon and Isaiah; amused by their little random argument.

"That's why Charles isn't here yet," Landon slightly whispers, looking at our surroundings before continuing with his sentence, "When he comes, then we'll introduce Aubrey to Charles and the rest of my family."

"The rest of your family?" I asked, suddenly feeling my back heating up as my palm starts sweating. Originally, I believed that I was already nervous to see Charles, let alone the rest of Landon's family.

Footsteps behind us were heard rushing down the stairs before Isaiah's mother motioned us to come towards the set of stairs, "Children, come! Greet yourselves."

She didn't seem to notice Landon's early appearance through her rushing to get us upstairs.

- - -