Chapter 11

My eyes fluttered open as the color of his dirty blonde hair caught my attention. His soft hair was swept to the side, the strands of his hair volumized simply by leaning on top of each other. The face structure of this man was beautiful, thin and masculine. His perfect tan skin complimented the color of his hair, as well as his soft pink lips. Accompanied by a left dimple each time he smiles showing his straight, white teeth. His eyes. His beautiful blue-green eyes that always changes colors depending on the light shining against them.

He was wearing a light blue button up shirt, I had my head laying on his black slim-fit jeans. He had his thick framed glasses hooked into the left pocket of his shirt, along with a red pen cuffed onto his left ear. His hand softly laid above my head, touching my wavy brown hair as he twirls it around his index finger. His gaze was set straight ahead, peering into the soccer field as he watches a practice in session.

"You're awake," Colton says softly as he looks down at me. I looked up at him and flashed him a tired smile.

He brought his hand up to my forehead, and pushed all the strands of my hair behind my head, combing his hand through my hair.

"Good morning sunshine," he chuckles.

I turned my head away from his body as I observed the soccer field. We were on the bench on the opposite side of the bleachers. We were far enough for the soccer players not to see us, but close enough for us to watch them.

After what felt like hours, I gathered all of my strength and sat up. I released a loud grunt as if I was carrying the heaviest weight on earth. An amused laugh escaped Colton's lips as he leaned back against the bench.

"You drooled on me," Colton squinted his eyes at me before pointing at the tiny puddle of dried saliva on his pants.

My face heated up in embarrassment. I played it off and smacked his arm.

"It's okay," I answered for him.

I deeply inhaled in the fresh hair and loudly exhaled, "I feel great!"

I tilted my head to both sides, loosening up the tension behind my neck. Looking down at the soccer field, I traveled my eyes towards the boys on the soccer team. I kept my eyes on a familiar figure that happened to belong to Isaiah.

I huffed at the appearance of him. Isaiah was standing in line behind is teammates as they each took turn kicking the balls towards the net. They all were dressed in practice gear: muscle tanks and tees, basketball shorts, long socks with bright neon colored cleats.

"What's wrong?" Colton asked as he noticed the look of annoyance on my face. He leaned towards me, trying to catch what I had my eyes on.

Colton then laughed a little as he figured out my eyes were clutched on Isaiah, "Yeah, I don't like him." He simply commented.

I made a face at Colton towards his random statement. He held up his hands and shrugged casually, flashing a bright smile afterwards, "I'm just saying."

"You're so immature," I smiled, pushing his body towards the opposite direction.

He didn't budge, in fact he leaned closer towards me. His grin slowly turned into a genuine smile, as he stares at me in the eyes. His eyes trailed down to my lips as our face was only about an inch apart. I kept my eyes from looking at his lips, trying to avoid the necessary urge to kiss him as much as possible.

Colton crept his warm hand behind my neck, slowly caressing my cheek with his thumb. We both hesitated to continue. Although our lips were brushing against each other at this point, we pulled apart. Disappointment showered down my back as we both awkwardly turned our attention back on the field.

My heart was still beating rapidly against my chest, my cheeks were still flushed.

"Sorry," Colton apologized quietly throughout the awkward silence.

"It's okay."

---

"My brother can just come pick me up," I smiled reassuringly at Colton before waving him off. He flashes me the 'Are you sure?' look before I rushed him towards his car.

"Yes!" I screeched and spun him around. With both of my hands against his back, I lead him towards his vehicle, "Go, I have to go somewhere with my brother anyways."

He releases a chuckle before turning back around, facing me.

"Hug?" he asks simply.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist as he embraces me. After a few seconds, I released him as he opened the car door.

I turned back around and walked towards one of the benches on the sidewalk of the student parking lot.

The sun has already set as the sky barely has enough light from the full moon and street lights. I pulled out my sketchbook and turned on the flash on my phone. Clutching the phone in one hand, I took a pencil and started sketching random figures.

It didn't take long until a pair of white tennis shoes appeared in my peripheral vision. I lifted an eyebrow as I slowly tilted my head up. There standing was a person who has been missing from school for over a week. I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

He was dressed in a white short sleeve polo, with the Lacoste symbol on the left chest area. Khaki pants that fit him well, and the same gold chain that dangles from his neck. I turned off the flash from my phone and put it back in my bag. I looked down at my sketchbook and pressed my lips together, speechless.

"Can I sit?" he finally says.

I kept my eyes on my sketchbook and slowly shook my head, "No."

Silence fills the air again as all we can here is the soft breeze.

Landon remains standing there, as I feel his eyes on me. I shifted uneasily in my seat before slamming my sketchbook shut. Without having anything to say, I picked up my bag and stood up.

Finally owning up the courage to look at him in the eyes, I walked towards his direction. I passed him in attempt to find another bench to sit at. As I crossed his path I felt his hand wrap around my wrist. My heart stopped.

It felt like lightening had struck me the moment he held me. My body started to tense as I stopped my tracks, staring at the concrete floor ahead of me. We stayed like that for about a minute, before my feelings of hatred quickly shifted into fear. When I start to feel my body shake, I tried to maintain my stableness.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles underneath his breath.

The two words that came out of his mouth. The two words that I've been waiting for since the first day of school. But I still couldn't find a way to have myself forgive him, he was a horrible person.

I breathed in deeply before twisting my arm out of his grip and continued walking. I pulled my long sleeves and covered my hands with it, in substitute to having something to clutch on. My fist wraps around the end of my sleeves tightly until I could feel my hands getting numb. The light breeze hits my face as I start to take a step away from Landon, feeling his presence being peeled away further from me with each step I take. 

- - - 

do you guys have any opinions on what i should improve on?

criticism is fine, but no bashing please < 3

x apricitys