New Friends Become Family

Dear Daughter,

     It really is funny how life works sometimes. Without expecting it, someone comes into your life and it feels like you have known them forever. We are blessed my daughter to have had that person so very recently come into your life and mine. I can't even begin to express how much she means to me and just how much she means to you. 

    You started out becoming friends with her son, and somewhere along the line, you invited him to a dance that is yet to be held. I guess that I decided one day that I should message his mom so that we could have a conversation about this dance and to make sure it was actually ok for him to come. Well, I don't know how it happened, but that conversation led very quickly to knowing that his mom would be a huge blessing in our lives. I have never quite figured out how it is that we meet someone that is a total stranger and you just instantly click. God has a plan that is much greater than anything we know though. 

   Take this new friendship and embrace it. Embrace the time that you will spend with her. Embrace the mentoring that she will offer you. Embrace the knowledge that she will impart on you. Most of all, embrace the blessings that she will bestow upon you. She sees something special in you. Embrace that. She is giving you opportunities that you have been dreaming of, run with them. Learn from her, soak up everything that you can. This isn't a one time shot, this is a lifelong commitment. 

   Like me, she sees something developing between you and her son. She sees the opportunity there to grow a friendship with each other, to experience life, to be best friends. You have the making of a beautiful journey ahead. Be wise. Make good choices and decisions. Someday, the time will be right. You both have a lot of years ahead of you. Stand by each other. Allow each other to experience life and grow in your friendship. Allow each other to make mistakes and know that you can be there for each other to support one another through all that life throws at you. 

    Thank you for meeting him, thank you for asking him to the dance, and thank you for introducing me to a person who it feels like I have already known for a lifetime but in reality just met. I look forward to being family for the rest of our years because family isn't always blood relation, sometimes it is those that God has put in our path. 

    I love you!

Mom