Questions

Dear Daughter,

Wow! It's been a long time since I've written. It's not because I haven't had anything to say, there has been so much. But, it's more than I haven't heard the happiness in your voice in such a long time. Some days, I want to scream at you, some days, I want to stand you in front of a mirror, and everyday, I want you to see what others see.

H and I had a long talk last night, and there is a reason God gave you her. She is more than a best friend, she's the sister who wants to see you happy.

She says that you deserve to be happy and to know that it's ok to have a relationship and to not keep your heart so guarded. She wants you to experience life as a normal teen, not one that went thru all the stuff you've dealt with this last year.

She also has a thought on who she thinks that person is who can show you how you deserve to be treated. It just so happens that he thinks she's the one for him, and you are just his friend.

We talked about that too. She wants him to realize it's you, not her, that he should be falling for. She sees him as being perfect for you. I have to agree, I am seeing what she sees too.

I don't know what he's thinking, I just know how much time he spends talking to you and I hear the things he says. He might just think of you as a way to get closer to her, and that's my biggest worry. I don't want to see you get yet another broken heart because you are deserving so much more.

You deserve to find someone who is falling for you, as his only choice. You deserve someone who can't wait to hang out with you, who can't wait to take you on dates, and who brings you flowers. You deserve the guy who wants to run thru the mud puddles and dance in the rain, who will help you with your horse and gets that you play volleyball and do rodeos and have old fashioned values, beliefs and wants for a future.

When that someone comes along, or maybe when he sees what is in front of him and pursues you when you try to push him away, you will have found the one. You know what you want for your future, you've set the course. I believe that you are meant to have one and only one guy because you've saved all of you for all of him.

Keep dreaming, keep wanting, and it will happen.
I love you,
Mom