Chapter 5.

A/N: All my chapters are unedited so there are tons of mistakes guys! Sorry!

***

Nalini gulped as she watched the most beautiful and most deadly man she had ever seen, stare at her coldly. His face had fine, almost perfect features but the icily perfect features didn't change, his complete lack of expression chilling to the bone.

He was wearing a very casual outfit—the complete opposite of what she imagined a Duke would wear. Not that she knew what Duke's wore in the first place, though.

He had the sleeves of his white button-up shirt pushed up to his elbows and his black trousers stretched across his big legs as he came to stand right in front of her in three long strides.

She gulped but tried not to cower in fear at the ominous aura he was giving off. He seemed to be in his thirties, his fiery blond hair dishevelled upwards, displaying his piercing blue eyes. Gosh, dang it! It was painful trying to keep eye contact with him.

His body towered over her and he stood there silently, staring at her with his large arms crossed over his chest. Nalini tried to smile a little, but it vanished when the man's eyes narrowed, animosity settling in them as he watched her face like a hawk.

What is it with this man? He wouldn't speak and it was starting to scare her. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing but air came out. It was useless. This man scared her to death. And she thought her grandpa was worse!

She was oh so wrong.

"H-hell–"

"What business do you have here?" his voice roared, echoing off the walls. His deep and threatening voice caused Nalini to jump, startled and the sentence to remain unfinished. She took a deep shaky breath in, shooting him a wobbly smile. The room suddenly felt very cramped, and all she wanted to do was run out of there.

"I have no business?" she said, her answer coming off as more of a question. The man's jaw clenched and she could practically hear the grinding of his teeth as he spoke.

"Oh, I am quite sure you do," he snarled and then leaned down, his sharp nose barely inches away from hers. Her mind told her to run away and to not look back, but his eyes put her in place. "It was quite evident that you were enjoying your little...nap in my carriage, hmm?"

Nalini's eyes widened in realisation. It was his carriage? Of course, it was. Of course, it had to be his, whoever he was.

"O-oh, I'm really sorry about that, you see–"

"No excuses," he barked, causing Nalini's shoulders to jerk. 

"And what is your name?" he added, eyebrows raised.

"Um, it's Nalini. Nalini Chandhy."

He narrowed his eyes as if he was stumped by the foreignness of it. It made her feel uncomfortable and she just wanted to get back onto the actual topic.

When the silence was too much to bear, she spoke. "Actually, I just wanted to–"

"Miss Chandhy," he emphasised mockingly, his thick British accent seeping through with the pronunciation of her name. "Was I not clear to you when I said no excuses?" he said through gritted teeth, his eyes flashing. He was starting to get annoyed; his lips pursed together and his jaw clenched tightly.

Nalini went to shake her head when she realised what he was saying. So, instead, she nodded her head, catching herself before she made a mistake and got some sort of punishment.