Chapter 10.

A/N: sorry guys for the long wait! There is a reason to why, which I'll be sharing with you guys so please read the A/N at the end of this chapter!

This, like all my stories, are unedited so please excuse the major errors evident!

***

Nalini steeled herself for what she was about to do. She managed to get the old driver, Byron, to take her into the place where she had found her.

He had given in because of her incessant pleading and though she was initially surprised that he had accepted and hadn't asked why, she was too ecstatic to question him.

She wanted to test this theory out. Whether or not she'd return back to her grandpa and Mahesh was another question all together.

If anything, she'd have to go back. That was where she belonged.

She didn't belong in 1840.

But she didn't want to think about that. As the carriage clomped through the town, Nalini's mind was on the well and what she would do if she got back home.

Do they realise I'm gone? If she went back, what would she say? She couldn't think of anything valid to say for her disappearance, either.

Nalini rolled her bottom lip in between her teeth, chewing on it nervously as she glanced out the small window.

Soon, the familiar large ancient building with the arched top came into view and she straightened up, turning in her seat slightly.

She opened the latch of the small wooden window that could be used to communicate with the driver.

"Byron, can you please stop here? I'll be back really quickly, I just have to check something," she said, politely. Nalini wanted to get off from where they were so Byron didn't see what she was up to.

She knew she seemed suspicious, but, she didn't see what she was doing as bad at all. It wasn't hurting anyone.

Byron said nothing and just nodded, guiding the horses to slowly come to a stop. Letting out a sigh of relief, she opened the carriage door awkwardly and stepped out.

Nalini quickly hurried towards her destination, ignoring some of the looks she was getting from the locals. She knew she stood out, but at that moment, she didn't care.

She just had to try to go back home.

Making it seem as if it was casual, she strode in the direction of the well. When she stood right in front of it, she gulped, looking down the hole.

It was a big jump.

So many questions rang throughout her mind, but she tried to dismiss them all so that she didn't unnecessarily worry.

But, of course, she was still worried. What if I drown?!

Nalini shook her head. The last thing she wanted was to scare herself to death at the thought. She had to focus on the task at hand.

She reached out and placed her hands on the ring of the well, and then swung her right leg over it. Her heart was beating rapidly at the thought of falling into the well.

Gulping, she swung the other leg over and sat on the edge. Taking small breaths, she closed her eyes tightly, trying to squash her fears.

Dear God, please look after m-

"Miss Chandhy," a sudden roar echoed throughout the dark area she was in. Nalini froze, like a deer caught in headlights.