end

A/N: a very rushed end.

I know that there are a lot of loose ends but I will eventually edit everything and add more chapters (in the future).

This book was really fun to write but along the way, I lost interest. That's why it's not nearly as good or as developed as I had hoped it would be.

School, personal stuff and just life, in general, got in the way and I had to cut things short a little. I am still proud that I made it to the end! Thank you for joining me and yet another group of my characters on this journey, it means a lot.

I love you all! Enjoy!

UNEDITED!

***

Nalini was heart-broken.

She wanted to punch herself for being and acting so stupid. On one hand, she wanted to tell the ton to mind their own business and be with the Duke, but on the other hand, she knew how much she cared about what other people thought.

She didn't want to be the one to destroy herself, knowing she could have done something about it. But at the same time, her love for the Duke was so strong, she didn't want to conform to what society thought.

As she sat with Nora, watching as she poured a glass of milk for Richard who read quietly on the floor, she sighed softly.

"What is the matter?" Nora asked, glancing to the side and at her briefly.

"I...I--what would you do if you were in love with a man but could not be with him?"

Nora set the glass down next to Richard before turning to Nalini. "Well, is there anything preventing us from being in love?"

"The ton?"

"The ton?" Nora repeated, puzzled. "That is not much of a threat, is it?"

Nalini didn't know what to think, and Nora's reply only served to confuse her even more. "It isn't?"

"If we love each other and are willing to deal with any problems mutually, then isn't that sufficient? The ton will always judge people, no matter their race or affairs, it is just what they do. But we are the ones that decide whether we should give them permission to rule over our lives. Our happiness is what matters in the end and anything else can be combatted together."

Richard looked up from his book to take a sip of his milk. He looked up Nalini with a milk moustache, an unaware smile on his face.

"You daddy and me can be happy together!" he quipped in. Nora's eyes widened and even though Nalini wanted to be surprised, the endearing comment made her giggle. She wiped his upper lip and pinched his cheek.

She did know that they were both right. She wanted to be happy with all three of them together but she had ruined everything because of her fear and insecurities.

As the day quietened down as always with nothing special happening, Nora managed to pull her aside.

"About earlier today. I know you are wary of the ton but I say all that should not matter."

"What do you think I should do, Nora? I'm so utterly lost."

Nora smiled, her eyes soft and reflecting sympathy. "I believe you should follow your heart. Life should have no place for regret, Nalini. But it is up to you, after all, this is your life."