Chapter 7: Rumors

*same day(at lunch)*

I walk into lunch and go to my table.

"Claire, why haven't you told me about you and Braden?" Margaret asks.

I'm confused. There is no me and Braden. How does she know that something may or may not have happened.

"How do you know about that?" I ask.

"It's what everyone's talking about."

"How? There is no me and Braden. And there never will be." I say. Getting sadder and sadder as I say that sentence.

"Jackie. She must have seen something happen between you two. And must have started rumors. You haven't heard?" she says.

Jackie. I can't believe she would do that. But that's weird. If I did want something to happen between Braden and I, she might have helped me.

"Jackie? I'm so confused. But..." I don't want to finish that sentence out loud.

"But what?" she asks.

"But... I wonder what Braden is thinking. I don't even know if he knows about the rumors." I say with a confused look on my face.

"Well...ask!" She says.

I don't want to ask. I would seem desperate. And that would be embarrassing if he said he didn't want anything to happen. Now that I think about it, I would be lucky to get in the friend zone.

"No. No. No. I'm not going to ask."

"Why not?!?"

"Can we just drop this please?"

"Okay."

Then there's a silence that falls over the whole cafeteria. I turn around and see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooohhhh!

Cliff hanger.

So this is one of the chapters I was talking about. How it works to be short. And I honestly forgot my idea of what Claire sees. So I kinda had to end the chapter. I'll update when I remember the idea.

Lemme know what you think!

Be happy!

~Puppylover680💕