Chapter 17: What about you?

*Monday*

I wake up to my alarm clock blaring at its regular 7:00 time. I get up and look out my window and see...

Snow!

There's an untouched blanket of snow on the ground, it covers the trees and cars. It's beautiful.

I run downstairs and see my mom drinking her regular coffee at the table.

"Hey honey. Sleep good?" she asks.

"Hey. Yeah." I reply.

I go on about my morning. But when I'm done with breakfast my mom stops me.

"You don't have school today." she says with a smirk.

"What?"

"Because of the snow. There's no school." she says with a smile.

"Seriously?!?"

"Yes. Go have fun!" she says.

I run upstairs and grab my phone and see a text from Braden.

Hey - Braden

Hey. What's up? - Me

Wanna do something? - Braden

Do you miss me already 😏? - Me

Yes. I do. - Braden

You're so sweet. What do you wanna do? - Me

I was thinking we could hang out in the snow. Go grab some hot chocolate. Hang out in the snow. - Braden

Perfect. I'll meet you outside in 10 minutes. - Me

Ok. - Braden

I get dressed in sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt with my warmest socks. I go downstairs and put on a big coat and my ski pants. I put on my snow boots and a purple hat and go outside.

I go and stand by the tree that is in between our houses. I a small noise and I think it's just a squirrel or something. I hear it again. It's just the snow rustling. I turn around and get a snowball to the face. It's cold and runs down my jacket, freezing my entire upper body. I see Braden laughing and holding his stomach.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"That was fun." he says smiling.

"No. It wasn't fun." I say with a frown.

"Oh well." he says shrugging. And he throws another snowball at me. I see it coming to my left. So I move my left shoulder down a little and the snowball misses me by a millimeter.

"Woah." he says with his jaw wide open.

"Close your mouth before you catch flies." I say with a smirk.

"I will." and he walks over to me and grabs my waist, and pulls me close to him. I place my hand on his chest and lean back.

"Ah ah ah." I say.

"Why?" he asks pouting with his lower lip puffed out.

"You threw a snowball at my face." I say with my hand still on his chest.

"I'm sorry." he says quickly and leans into me. I continue to lean back.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"No." I say.

"Ok." he says and let's go of me.

"I'm just kidding." I say quickly and grab the collar of his jacket and bring him to me. He places his hands on my rib cage and pulls me closer. I take my hands off his collar and run my fingers through his hair. His hands slowly move down my body until they are on my hips. We kiss passionately for a good couple of minutes. He pulls back first this time.