Chapter 32: I'm sorry. I can't help it.

Claire's P.O.V.

Braden pulls me closer to him, but things won't be the same between us after what he said. And I still can't just let it go that he said that he wishes he never met me, but he's going through a hard time, and I need to be there for him, not like he's ever there for me. He kisses my cheek, then my nose, then my lips, then my neck, then my shoulders.

"Braden." I say pushing on his shoulders. What did he think? He would apologize and everything would be alright? Well he's wrong. Everything's not ok. He just said he wishes he never met me!

"What?" he asks.

"I need to be alone right now. I'm sorry."

"Are you sure we're ok?" he asks.

"I-I'm...actually...I'm not sure." I say and his face changes.

"What?" he asks.

"Braden, you just said you wished you never met me. You expect me just to brush it off like nothing happened? Because if that's what you think, you're wrong." I say.

"I just need you to know one thing. I didn't mean what I said." He says.

"And I need to know one thing. Why did you say it if you didn't mean it?" I ask.

"I-I-I don't know." He says.

"You don't know?" I ask.

"I wasn't thinking. I was so confused, I didn't know what to think." He says.

"That doesn't explain why you said it!"

"I don't understand why this matters!" Braden says.

"What?" I ask. How does he not understand?!?

"You just said we were fine! I don't know why we are back on this." He says.

"I just want to know why you said you wished you never met me! And if you can't tell me, and have a good reason, then it's true. You just don't say something like that and not mean it!!!" I yell pushing him away.

"I didn't mean it!!! I'm so sorry I said it! I don't know why I said it, I just don't! Ok? I love you, I meant absolutely nothing I said. You have to know that!" he says.

I don't have anything else to say. I just want an answer. I believe him, that he doesn't mean it, I just want to know why he said it in the first place. But if he doesn't have an answer then I can't believe him, but I want to. I want to so bad.

"Please, Claire, you have to believe me. I'll do anything to prove it." He says.

"I want to believe you, I really do." I say looking down.

"But?" he asks.

"But... I-I-I...." I say trailing off.

"You know how I'll prove it? I'll leave you alone. That's what you wanted before I ever came in." He says walking away.

"You're leaving again." I say. I believe him. I do. I want make sure he tries really hard to get my trust back.

"You want me to leave. I'm doing what you want." He says not looking back.

"Now why would I want you to leave?" I ask sarcastically.

"You hate me." He says with his back still to me.

"No I don't." I say smiling.

"What?" he asks.

"I believe you." I say. He turns around slowly and I smile. He sees me and immediately runs to me and picks me up and spins me around, and I laugh. I wrap my legs around his waist and put my arms on his shoulders. His arms wrap around my stomach and are on my back. His left arm is hitting right where I was hurt. I don't care. He must see it on my face because he asks,