Chapter 44: I did it

Claire's P.O.V. (2 months later)

I'm moving tomorrow. I can't believe it. I haven't seen Braden since I told him I was moving, well I've seen him at school but he won't talk to me. I hope he doesn't think I'm leaving because of him.

My parents have already pulled Jake and I out of school here, and the house is empty except for blow up beds and a few boxes laying around. It makes me feel like some part of me is being ripped out. I just can't handle it.

I am standing in the middle of the empty living room, just looking around and thinking about how much I'm going to miss this place. I can't believe my parents are moving us again. Every 5 years or so my dad gets a job offer that's "just too good to pass up". So we move about every 5 years, but I thought this would be different. Like, this is where I would finish high school. But it's not. I have to move back to North Carolina and move away from Braden. But I guess he doesn't care, he hasn't spoken to me in 2 months. You'd think he would've at least tried to talk to me, but no. He didn't. He actually seemed to avoid me in school. I realize he at least deserves to know I'm leaving tomorrow.

I walk out of my empty house and go to Braden's. He answers the door, and when he sees me his eyes widen.

"Oh...hey." He says.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving tomorrow." I say rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Oh." He says casually.

"Do you even care?" I ask.

"Of course I care." He says.

"Well it doesn't seem like it. Because if you cared you would have tried to talk to me. But instead you just abandoned me and left me to deal with this all by myself." I say.

"I was just really mad and confused. I didn't know what to do." He says.

"You were mad? I'm the one who has to deal with this, I'm the one who's moving 1600 miles away, and you just stopped talking to me because you were mad?" I yell.

"I'm so sorry. I just couldn't deal with having my first love move away." He says.

"You know that I-" I say before I am cut off, yet again, by Braden's mouth against mine. He wraps his arms around my stomach and lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and he just kisses me, with love and passion. He kisses my cheek, jaw, and then neck. In between each kiss he says "I. Love. You."

"Braden." I say leaning back and un wrapping my legs from around him.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight for the next 24 hours." He says.

"I need to talk to you." I say seriously.

"Ok?" he says.

"I know I'm leaving, but long distance relationships never work. I love you, I love you so much. I love you too much to let you sit here and mope over me, and frankly I'm not worth moping over in the first place, but I'm going to need you to move on. Ok?" I say.

"You want me to move on?" he asks.

"Yes. Don't sit around here and just be sad all the time. You need to get over me." I say.

"I will never get over you. You are my first and only love. You were always there for me, when I was hurt, when my parents were in court, and when I had that nightmare. And all I ever did was treat you like crap, and I'm surprised you came back to me. I could live a million life times and never deserve you. But I was lucky enough to get the chance to meet and love you. I can't just move on. It's not that simple. We have so much history and moments together that are impossible to forget, and I will never be able to move on, and I won't move on." He says.

"I know what it's like to love someone and them leave. I love you too much to let you go through that. Just promise me you'll try." I say.

"I promise you nothing." He says smirking.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He says kissing my nose.

"I gotta go finish packing. I leave really early." I say tearing up.

"We can say our goodbyes then." He says.

"No. I want to do it now." I say with a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Ok." He says. I take his hands in mine.

"Braden, you are the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm so lucky to have met you. I have loved every second I've spent with you, and I will always remember it. I will always remember you." I say with tears slipping down my face.

"My turn. Claire, you are the absolute love of my life, and I can't imagine life without you, but I'll have to. And I will hate every second of it. You are beautiful, smart, caring, and intelligent. You have done absolutely everything to keep me happy, and I am grateful for that. I love you with all of my hear and I will miss you so much." He says crying as well. I just have tears slipping down my face the entire time. We hug each other really tight and when we lean back we kiss one last time. Passionately and short, just like the first time. We hug one more time before I walk away, without looking back.

***

It's morning. We are packing out bags in the car. I cried all night and my eyes are puffy. My mom says it's time to go but I ask if I can look around the house one more time. I go inside and walk slowly around remembering things that happened years ago. I tear up a little. I go up to my room and walk around the edges. I go to the kitchen and drag my fingertips along the countertops. I am I deep thought when my mom calls me and tells me to come on. I get into the car and slowly watch our house slowly get smaller and smaller.

I did it.

I'm leaving my friends.

I'm leaving my school.

I'm leaving my house.

I'm leaving him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

So that was the last chapter! I know it was short but I was crying too much to make it longer. I've had so much fun writing this book and I will miss it. But I am writing a sequel. Don't know the title or anything but I do have ideas!

Thank you to everyone who put up with my horrible writing! I love you all!

Lemme know what you think!

Be happy!

~Puppylover680💕