Chapter 38: Braden!

Claire's P.O.V. (Monday)

I wake up, as usual, to my annoying alarm clock. I stand up and go downstairs, and my mom is sitting at the table drinking her coffee.

"Hey sweetie." She says.

"Hey momma." I say while grabbing my muffin.

"How are you and Max doing?" she asks.

"We're doing fine. Why?" I ask.

"I was just wondering." She says. And then my brother comes running down the stairs. He runs into the kitchen and flips his light brown hair out of his face. Even though his hair is short.

"Oh hey Claire. Where have you been for like ever?" he asks.

"Places." I say.

"So Carter told me something interesting yesterday." He says smirking.

"Oh I bet it was so interesting." I say sarcastically.

"Oh it was." He says.

"Are you gonna tell me what he said?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Ugh, fine." He says sighing.

"I'm sorry your life is so hard." I say.

"He said you're dating his brother. Is that true?" he asks raising his eyebrows mimicking me.

"Yeah." I say.

"He also said that Max doesn't stop talking about you, and that he wants to pull his hair out because all he hears anymore is you." He says. I blush and smile while looking at the ground. I look up and flip my hair over my shoulder.

"I am worth talking about." I say.

"No. Not really." Jake says.

"Oh, you know you love me." I say draping my arm across his shoulders and squishing him against me.

"Ew gross! You're touching me!" he says pushing me away.

"Don't you have school or something?" I ask.

"No, I have today off. Carter and I are going to the gym to practice." He says.

"Of course!" I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm gonna get away from you because Carter will probably talk about how Max talks about you, and I can only handle so much you in one day." He says walking away.

"Thanks." I say.

"You two are so..." my mom says looking for a word.

"Weird." I say.

"No! I was gonna say cute." She says.

"Well I am pretty cute." I say flipping my hair again.

"Yes you are." She says.

"I'm gonna go get ready." I say walking towards the stairs. When I get to my room I brush my teeth. Then I get dressed in Capri pants and my purple v-neck. I put my hair in a ponytail and wear my navy blue toms. I run downstairs and grab my backpack.

"Bye mom!" I say as I leave.

"You don't have school today either!" I hear her say.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says. I turn around and thrown my backpack inside and walk back outside. When I walk back outside I stop dead in my tracks.

"Hey." He says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I can't walk you to school?" Max asks.

"You can. It's just we don't have school today." I say.