Chapter 12: My turn

*monday morning*

I wake up slowly. I am not laying on a pillow. I am laying on Braden. My head is on his right shoulder and my hand is by my side. I look up to see if he is awake. And he is. His gorgeous eyes looking down on me. I look at his clock and it says 10:30. Wow. I must have been tired.

"Hey." he says with a smirk.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I say looking up at him.

"Don't worry about me right now." He says.

"What?"

"You have been awake for way to long taking care of me. I have worked you to your limit and then some"

I cut him off right there "You haven't worked me to my limit."

"Yes I have. You fell asleep the second you laid down. And you slept for nearly 12 hours. That's pretty close to someone's limit. And I feel bad about it."

I know what he means. And he's right. I'm exhausted. But I'm not going to let him think that.

"No. You haven't. Don't feel bad. I'm going to check your scratches ok?"

"Ok."

I sit up and take his bandages off. There's no scratches! No blood! Nothing! Just scars. I rub my hands over the scars to make sure there's nothing there.

"Braden, there's nothing. No scratches! There's just scars!" I say. I am smiling from ear to ear. I am so glad he's getting better.

"Oh my god!" He looks down and sees nothing!

He stands up and jumps up and down and walks around and flails his arms. I guess he's just testing to see if anything hurts.

He looks ridiculous. I start to laugh. I laugh so hard it hurts. I grab my side and lean over. Braden must think I'm hurt because he runs over to me and kneels in front of me.

"Braden, I'm ok."

"I thought you were hurt." he says worried.

"I am." I say.

He takes it to seriously and tries to help me lay down.

"I meant my side. It hurts because I was laughing so hard!" I say.

He looks embarrassed and laughs.

"I'm glad you're feeling better."

He just gets up and leaves the room. I'm confused. Did I hurt his feelings?

He comes back with a blanket. Then he goes to his fridge and grabs two lunchables and two bottles of water. We lays the blanket down and puts the food down.

"What is this?" I ask.

"This is our date." He says with a smile.

"What?"

"I know. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing."

He's trying to make up for canceling our date.

"No." I say seriously.

"No?" He looks hurt and sad by what I said.

"It is perfect." I smile.

His face brightens and he opens my water and my lunchables and pats the floor right next to him.

I walk over and sit down next to him.

We eat and talk and laugh and everything a first date should be. I look at the time and it's 12:15. I yawn. Braden is right. I am worked to my limit. But I don't want to leave him.

He sees me yawn. He takes my hand and leads me to his bed.

"My turn to play doctor." he says.

I laugh weakly.

"I'm not hurt though." I say with a smile.

"So? My orders are that you get some rest."

"Yes Doctor Braden." I say. I give him a weak smile.

I lay down. My head hits the pillow and I close my eyes. And that's it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to a hand on my head. The same way I wake Braden up. I open my eyes and see him. Sitting next to me. Holding my hand, stroking my head.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey." I reply.

"How are you feeling?" he asks me. Wow. We have switched roles.

"Better." I say.

"Good." he says.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I told you not to worry about me."

"I can't help it. You're injuries are more serious than mine." I say.

"Are you still tired?"

"Yeah. But I'm a lot better." I say.

I look over at the clock.

6:00!!!

"I'm sorry. I have to go." I say

"Why?" my parents are gonna flip if I'm not home by 7.

"I have to go home and see my parents. They are gonna flip." I say.

"Ok." he says with a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry." I say.

I turn around and grab my stuff. Right as I step out the window he grabs my hand and pulls me back inside.

"Braden, I have to go."

"I know. I have to say something." he says

"Ok."

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I don't know anyone who would go looking for me like you did. You stayed with me, helped me, and cared for me when no one else would. And I know I'll never be able to re pay you for what you've done, but I'm hoping this is a start."

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him. I wrap my arms around his torso. I look up into his eyes and they get closer and closer to me. He puts a hand on my neck and pulls my face to his. Our lips touch. He pulls back and looks at me. He then pulls me back to him and pulls me even closer to him. His hand stays on my neck and his other hand is on my waist. I put my arms around his neck as I stand on my tip toes and rub my fingers through his hair. After a few seconds we pull apart. I smile and go out his window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

So I kinda liked this chapter!

Lemme know what you think!

Be happy!

~Puppylover680💕