Chapter 15: I cant say no

*the next day (Saturday)*

I only got about 3 hours asleep because I was so worried about Braden. It's 10:00. His family should be awake so I look out my window and see if I see him. I do. He looks out his window to me. I wave and he waves back. His parents must call him because he turns around. He's not wearing a shirt so when he turns around I see one huge red mark across his back. He must have forgotten he wasn't wearing a shirt because he immediately turns back around with a look of horror across his face.

He lied.

He opens his window to talk to me. So I open mine to hear why he lied. Once I get my answer I'm closing my window.

"Claire," I cut him off after he says my name.

"Why did you lie?" I ask.

"I didn't want you to know."

"Didn't want me to know what? That you were hurt?" I say.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Well I was worried. All night. I only got 3 hours of sleep!"

His face changes into a hurt expression. He looks down and then looks back up at me.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry? That's all you can say?!?" I yell.

"Come here." He says.

"Why?"

"I need to tell you something." he says.

"No." if his parents hear me he'll get hurt so much worse.

"No?"

"No." I say.

"Why?"

"If your parents hear me you'll get hurt. A lot worse than last time." I say.

"They're not home." he says with a smirk.

"N..." I am about to say no. But I want to know what he has to say.

"Fine." I say. I turn around and tell to my mom that I'm going to Margaret's. And she says ok. I walk out the front door and climb up the tree.

As I'm climbing I realize the big branch halfway up is not there. That branch is what I use to reach the branch by Braden's window. I decide to go around to the other side and use the thinner branches. I try to climb as quick as I can so I don't break the branches.

I can almost reach the branch by Braden's window. The branch below me is snapping. I jump and hold onto Braden's branch. I am hanging by my arms. I won't last long like this.

"BRADEN!!!" I yell.

Braden comes and looks out his window towards my house. I say his name again and he looks down and sees me. When he does his face changes. A look of pure horror comes across it.

"I can't hang on that much longer." I feel my hands slipping on the bark, which hurts my hands.

"Hold on. I'm coming!" he says. But I can't hold on. I look down and realize it's not that bad of a fall. Braden comes rushing out of his house. He looks up and is about to say something. But before he can I let go.

"No!" he yells.

I hit the ground feet first. A wave of pain shoots through my heels and up my back. As soon as my feet make contact with the ground I fall. I am on my back and the only thing that hurts is my right foot. It hit the ground first. So it got the most impact.

Braden is running towards me. I close my eyes and rub my head.

"Claire!" he yells. He must think I'm unconscious.

I open my eyes and look into his. I groan and move a little.

"Thank God!" he says taking hand.

"What was so important that I need to come over?" I ask.

"It can wait. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." I say.

"Don't lie to me." he says.

"I'm. Fine." I am irritated now. First he lied to me. And second he wanted me to come over and didn't tell me to come to the front door!!!

"Do you want help standing up?"

"No. I can do it." well I hope I can. I sit up and pull my legs into my body and push up with my arms and legs. I stand up and lose my balance for a brief second because of my foot. I catch myself with my left foot. But Braden's hands are already on my waist.

"I'm good." I say.

He doesn't let me go. I take his hands off of me and turn him around to look at his back. It's just one slash. I run my fingers around the edge to see how sensitive it is. He doesn't move.

"Come on." I take his hand and head towards his front door. I have a slight limp but it doesn't bother me that much. We go up to his room and I grab the first aid kit. Now and then he will try and object to what I'm doing but I'll cut him off by telling him to shut up. When I'm done there's a bandage on his slash and he's wearing a shirt.

"What did you need to tell me?" I ask when I'm done.

He stands up and faces me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me again."

Is he serious?!?!? He just lied to me! I just fell out of a tree! And all he wants to do is ask me out again?!?

"Where are we going to go?" I ask.

"I was thinking we could...have dinner and hang out at the park." He says as he wraps his arms around me.

I can't say no to him.

"Sure." I say smiling while wrapping my arms around him.

My foot cramps up and I fall. He catches me. His face comes closer to me. I put my arms on his shoulders and lift my head up to his. His hands are on my rib cage again and our lips touch. It sends a shock through my body. He must feel it too because he pulls me closer. I stand on my tip toes and wrap my elbows around his neck. He leans back and looks me in the eye and says

"I love you."

Oh my god. He loves me.

I smile and say

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

Good?

Bad?

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite chapter so far.

Lemme know!

Be happy!

~Puppylover680💕

Him.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें