Chapter 19: Oh my god

*Friday at lunch*

I sit down at our usual table and my friends are happy to see me. I know I haven't been spending a lot of time with them but, I've been super busy with Braden. They know, and they understand.

"Hey!" Margaret says.

"Hey." I say as I open my lunch bag.

"You wanna do something this weekend? Or are you already booked?" She says winking.

"I am not booked. I would love to do something!"

"Yay! You wanna go to Al's?" she asks.

"Yes!" Al's is my favorite. They have go karts, bumper boats, arcade games, bowling, and good food.

"Great!"

And the rest of lunch is a drag.

~~~~~~end of the day~~~~~~~

I see Braden outside leaning against the flag pole the same way he did yesterday against the tree.

"Hey." he says walking towards me.

"Hey." I say as he grabs my hands.

"So I was thinking, you and me go to Jordan's tomorrow." He says looking down at me with a loving stare. Jordan's is the restauraunt down the street from our houses.

"I can't." I say. I see his face change from love to confusion.

"What?"

"Margaret and I are going to Al's, and that will probably lead to a girls weekend, I'm sorry." I say placing my hands on his shoulders. I love spending time with him, but I can't be his all the time.

"Ok." he says taking his hands off my back.

"But I can do something Monday." I say trying to cheer him up.

"I can't." He says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Well...my parents...are uh...osbduhdbdkshdi." He says mumbling the last part.

"What?" I ask getting worried, because anything that has to do with his parents isn't good.

"They are gonnatakemeonavacation." he says mumbling again.

"Braden tell me!" I say.

"I don't want you to worry." he says placing his hand on the side of my face.

"Well you're not doing a very good job. You're making me worried right now." I say as he is taking his hand off of my face.

"We are going on vacation." he says.

"What?" I'm in shock.

"We are going to our beach house in California." he says. California?

I immediately get worried. His parents might hurt him while he's gone. I can't help him, I won't be able to help him. I wrap my arms around his torso and bury my face in his neck.

"How long will you be gone?"

"Only a week." he says holding into my rib cage.

He says only like its nothing.

"A lot can happen in a week. I don't want you to get hurt." I say running my hand down from his chest to his stomach.

"I won't ."

"You can't guarantee that." I say.

"But I can try."

"Be careful." I say worried.