Chapter 16: Deal

*the next day (Sunday)*

My date with Braden is tonight. Since we are going to the park I don't dress fancy. I am in the outfit Braden got me. I'm excited. I don't know where we are going to dinner, but I'm most excited for the park.

I get a text. I swear if he says he has "a family thing" I'm going to hurt his family.

6:00 work? -Braden

Yup. See you then! - Me

Can't wait 😘- Braden

I look at my clock and it's 5:45. Now I'm going to be bored until then. So I pull out my phone and play geometry dash. Before I know it I hear a knock on my front door. My mom answers it and calls me down. I open my bedroom door and look over the railing and see Braden. He is wearing the grey shirt we both have and black jeans. He looks up and sees me and his jaw drops. I don't know why I'm really not that good looking. But I'll take it. I walk down the stairs and when I get to the bottom he holds out his hand and says

"Shall we?"

"We shall."

And we leave.

~~~~~~~at dinner~~~~~~~~

Braden and I walk to a restauraunt not far from our houses. It's gorgeous. We sit outside with the strings of lights above us. I order a Caesar salad and Braden orders the salmon. Our food arrives fairly quick.

"How is yours?" I ask to fill the silence.

"Good. How about yours?" he says with a full mouth.

"Good." I say.

There is a long silence. I am looking at my salad and when I look up Braden isn't there. What? Braden isn't there. He was sitting across from me. I look to my left and to my right.

No Braden.

I stand up and two arms wrap around me and I am no longer on the ground. I squeal and look behind me. Braden is laughing.

"Put me down!" I say laughing.

"No!"

"Yes!!!" I yell as he begins to tickle me.

"No! Stop! Please!" I squeal as I laugh.

"I will...if..." I cut him off right there.

"If?"

"If you promise me something." he says with a smirk.

"What?"

"You pay." He says

"Deal!" and he puts me down and I face him. I place my arms by his neck and he places his hands on my rib cage. He starts to lean down but I lean back.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I gotta go pay."

"I was kidding. I'm not going to make you do that." he says.

"Too bad." I turn around and grab my wallet and see our waiter and give him the money.

"No. You did not just do that." He says looking at me with a confused expression.

"Oh, but I did." I say getting close to him but then leaning back.

"You're gonna get it." He says.

"Oh really?"

"Yup." he says popping the "p".

"How exactly will that happen?" I ask. I'm kinda scared.