Chapter 36: I have a boyfriend

Claire's P.O.V. (The next week- Saturday)

I am sitting on the couch, facing the tv, but I'm not watching tv, I'm thinking about what happened between Max and I, we haven't really done anything since last week. But I am interrupted by a knock on the front door. I huff and stand up, and walk over to open the door. When I open the door I see Braden standing there, when I see him I immediately start to close the door. Braden sticks his arm and resists against me closing the door.

"What?" I ask with fury in my voice. I am over him. There, I said it, I'm over Braden.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asks.

"You just did. Thanks for stopping by." I say sarcastically and waving.

"I really do." He says.

"Fine." I say.

"My dad is going to court, can you make a statement about what you saw, what he did to you, stuff like that?" he asks.

I want to make Braden's dad pay for what he did to us. I have a scar for proof, and both bloody shirts of mine.

"Uum...sure." I say

"Thanks. The trial is set for tomorrow, is that ok?" he asks.

"Yeah. That's fine." I say.

"Thank you so much." He says while sighing with relief.

"You're welcome." I say. There's an awkward silence for a few seconds before Braden breaks it.

"Oh yeah. I need to ask you a big favor." He says.

"Are you serious?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"I'm so sorry about it, but the judge might not believe the story if we're no longer dating." He says.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Just at the trial can you please pretend to be my girlfriend? It will make the story believable." he says.

"Fine. But only for the trial." I say puffing out air.

"Thank you so much." He says.

There's another silence before I break it.

"What time is the trial?" I ask.

"9 tomorrow morning. Do you need a ride?" he asks.

"No. It's ok. Do I need to wear anything fancy?" I ask.

"A skirt would be fine." He says.

"Ok. Bye." I say closing the door.

Great! Note sarcasm. I just agreed to be Braden's girlfriend for a day!!! But it'll be worth it to get that little creep behind bars for good. I go and sit back down on the couch when Max calls.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Heyy gurl!" Max says. I giggle.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I have a question for you." He says.

"And I hopefully have an answer." I say laughing.

"Am I allowed to call you my girlfriend? I need to know before I go around telling people I have a girlfriend." He says.

"Sure?" I say.

"Yes! Now I gotta go brag that I have a girlfriend. I'll text you later!" he says. I laugh, Max is a weirdo, but he's my weirdo.

~~~~~~~~the next morning~~~~~~~

I wake up at 8. I shower and straighten my hair. I am not looking forward to being Braden's girlfriend for a few hours. I get dressed in a black skirt and a grey cardigan with a black tank top underneath, and finish it off with my black flats. My mom drops me off at the court house at 8:50 and see Braden standing there against a wall with his right leg over his left.