Chapter 13: The Perfect Day

*Tuesday*

I wake up to my alarm clock. If it wasn't for it I would have slept in so much later. I'm still not fully "charged" if you know what I mean.

I go downstairs and eat a muffin and go back upstairs and get dressed. It's kinda cold outside so I put on a white tank top and my white hoodie. I put on my blue jeans and my black boots. I pull my hair back in a ponytail.

I walk past Braden's house on my way to school. I want to stop by and make sure he's ok. But if I stop by his parents might see me, and I don't want Braden getting hurt again. So I walk by.

I get to school and find Margaret and Georgia. I tell them I told my mom I slept over this weekend. So if she asks tell her we had fun I tell them.

While I'm talking I feel two arms wrap around my stomach. I turn around and see Braden.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I ask moving my hand down his stomach. Well, he obviously feels good enough to wear a shirt.

"I'm fine. How are you feeling?" he asks

"I'm..." I'm debating whether or not to tell him the truth. I can't lie to him.

"I'm..."

"Don't lie to me, Claire." He says with a smirk across his face.

"I'm...better." I say.

"Claire, I'm so sorry." he says pulling me into him. He must have taken a shower because he smells good.

"What are you sorry about?" I ask looking up into his eyes.

"I worked you too hard, and now I'm better, but you're not."

"Braden, it ok. Just focus on what you said. You are better. That's all that matters right now."

"That's not what matters to me." He says with his hands on my hips.

"Braden." I say softly as I put my head in his neck. He rubs my back with his hand.

The bell rings and I look up and say

"We gotta get to class."

He grabs my hand and leads me to my locker.

~~~~~~~~~after school ~~~~~~~~~

I walk out of school and I see Braden leaning against the flag pole with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Hey?" I walk up to him.

"Let's go." He says grabbing my hand.

"What?" I ask.

"Let's. Go." He says slowly

"Where?"

"On a proper date." he says with a smile.

"Braden, you don't have to." I say

"Yes. I do. It's the absolute least I can do. "

"No. The absolute least you could do is nothing." I say. He laughs and kisses the top of my hand.

"True. But that's not me. I am going to try and re-pay you for what you did for me. Even though that's not possible."

"What's not possible?" I ask.

"Repaying you for what you did for me."

"You don't have to repay me." I say

"Yes I do. And I owe you a date anyway." he says with a smile while pulling me to him and kissing the top of my head gently.