Chapter 27: I'm not going anywhere

Braden's P.O.V.

I walk into Claire's house and see she's asleep on the couch. She's so peaceful. I can't believe I just left her outside, when she needed me. I know she'll be mad, but I'm going to let her sleep.

"She's asleep. I don't want to bother her." I say.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best." Claire's mom says.

"Good night, Mrs. Foster." I say.

"Good night." She says, and I leave.

I walk the short distance home. Once I get home I go straight to my room. I change into my plaid pants and a white t shirt. Out of the corner of my eye I see a light turn on in Claire's room. I look over and she is just standing there staring at the wall. I call her.

"I can't do this right now. I'll see you later." She says.

"No! Wait please!" I say.

"What?" she asks with annoyance in her voice.

"I know you're mad" I say. But she cuts me off.

"What was your first clue?" she asks sarcastically.

"I know you're mad, and I know I'm a jerk, I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry for leaving you. I will never leave you again." I say.

"That's the second time you've said that, and you continue to leave me when I need you." she says.

"I know. And I'm stupid." I say.

"Yeah you're pretty stupid." Claire says laughing.

"Hey!" I say.

"Ok, this is what I'm going to, I'm giving you one more chance. I need to be able to rely on you, and you've already screwed that up twice." She says.

I climb out my window and get to her window.

"I promise. I will never leave you again."

I knock on her window and she jumps. She hangs up and opens the window. I hop in.

"See? Never leaving." I say as I put my hands on her rib cage. She smiles.

"Does that hurt?" I ask gesturing towards my hands.

"No." she says.

"Good." I say as I pull her closer. She puts her head on my neck. She looks up. Her full lips are right in front of me. She is about to say something, but I can't help myself. I lean down and put my lips on hers. She tightens up but then wraps her arms around my neck and runs her fingers through my hair. I love the way she does it. It doesn't hurt, it feels like a massage, her fingernails lightly scrape over my scalp and my hair is moved around. I let go of her for a quick second and remove my shirt. She opens her eyes and looks confused.

I pull her to me again and kiss her passionately. She runs her fingers from my head to my back. I love it. I love her. I love everything about her. I move my hands down her body until they are on her hips, I quickly pick her up and her legs are wrapped around me. For once, my head is up not down. She leans her head back for a second and I kiss her neck. She lets out a small moan. I take us both to her bed and I am sitting down with her on my lap. After a few more minutes of kissing she leans back.

"I can't do this." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"We have school tomorrow." She says.

"So?" I ask. I want her with me, all the time.

"So...we have to go to bed." She says.

"But if I go to bed I can't see you." I say puffing my lower lip out. She leans in and kisses it gently.