Chapter 30: Im in shock

Braden's P.O.V.

I place my hand on Claire's head and gently stroke her forehead, and she immediately falls asleep. I take the ice pack off of her side and see that it's red. I'm going to kill my dad. He did this to her, and I didn't help her. God, I'm an idiot. I place the ice pack back on her side, and I walk out my door. It surprisingly doesn't hurt to walk, so I go downstairs. Once I get downstairs I walk into the kitchen. My dad sees me and his face changes from mad to furious.

"What are you doing here?" he asks with fury in his voice.

"I want to know why you had to stab Claire!!!" I yell.

"She was in the way. Now why don't you go back upstairs before you get hurt, a lot worse than she did." He says walking towards me.

"Fine." I say. If I say no he will try and hurt us agin. I turn around and go back upstairs. I go back into my room and see that Claire is still asleep. I go sit in the chair next to the bed and hold her hand. I'm never letting go. Her hand is cold. Really cold. No. No. No!

"Claire! Claire can you hear me? Oh my god! Claire!!! Please!!!" I yell. She doesn't move. I touch her face, it's cold. I touch her leg, cold.

"Oh god! No! Please! Claire! This can't be happening!!!" I yell. I begin to cry. I feel the tears slip down my cheek, and then more. My face is soaking wet. A sob escapes my lips. And another. Pretty soon I am sobbing uncontrollably. I shake her shoulders, her head just moves back and forth. No facial movement at all. She isn't moving. And she's ice cold. No! No!! No!!! I did this. This can't be happening!!!

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I did this to you. I'm so sorry." I whisper. I turn away. I can't see her like this. This is all my fault. If we'd never met, none of this would have happened. I did this to her. And I hate myself for it. I look back at her one more time, but her eyes are open. Her eyes are open!

"Claire?" I ask.

"What?" she asks.

"Oh thank god!" I say standing up and bending down to hug her. Her chin is on my shoulder. I am smiling, but I begin to cry tears of joy. She wraps her arms around me. She doesn't know why I'm so happy. And all I know is I'm never letting go.

"What's going on?" she asks.

"I thought I lost you." I say pulling back.

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder to get rid of me." She says smiling.

I manage a small nervous laugh and I put my hand on her face, and it's still cold.

"You're freezing." I say.

"Yeah." She says.

"Here." I say standing up and I grab a blanket. I place it over her and a look of relief floods her face.

"Thank you." She says.

"I'm never letting you go." I say.

"Good." she says as she pulls me down to her. Her lips are cold and so are her hands that are on my neck. I pull back.

"You need to warm up." I say.

"How?" she asks.

"Like this." I say as I walk over to her left side. I climb under the blanket and pull her to me. She turns over on her side and rests her head on my shoulder, and places her arm across my stomach, but it doesn't hurt. I put my arm around her and pull her closer.

"Better." she says.

"Good." I say.

"Guess what?" she asks.