Chapter 25: I dont want you

Claire's P.O.V.

I am so mad! I can't believe Max would hit Braden! I can tell he was in pain, his face kept changing. But when he left I could tell Max did some damage. I hate Max. He hurt me and Braden. When I go back to school I know Max will try and get to me, but I won't let him.

~~~~~~~~in the morning~~~~~~~~

I wake up on the couch and immediately look down at my stomach. The bruises are a lot better, they're smaller, and don't hurt as much. I think I'm going to school today. But I try and stand up before I truly make up my mind.

I stand up and I feel only a minimal amount of pain. I walk to the kitchen and eat a muffin, and I walk around the house a little. I should be fine at school, I'll just take pain medicine before I go.

"Mom! I think I'm gonna go to school today." I yell.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Ok. I love you!" she says.

"Love you too!"

I go upstairs to my room and get dressed in my Capri pants, blue v-neck, my white vans, and French braid my blonde hair.

I go outside early so I can surprise Braden. I lean up against the tree and wait. And wait. And wait. Braden eventually comes outside and turns to his right to walk to school. Since he didn't even look to his left (where the tree is) he didn't see me. I walk behind him, but he is walking too fast for me to keep up.

"Braden!" I yell hoping to get his attention. He quickly turns around and sees me behind him. He looks shocked, like he's never seen me walk before.

"What are you doing here?" he asks coming towards me.

"I'm going to school. I thought you would be happy." I say.

"The doctor said two days. It's been one. I just don't want you to get hurt." He says holding my hand.

"That's sweet, but I think I can handle myself." I say.

"I think you can to. It's not you I'm worried about, its Max. He might try and talk to you. Just ignore him." Braden says.

"I will." I say at a whisper as I put my hands on his shoulders pulling him down to me. Our lips move in sync as I pull him closer. He doesn't want to hurt me, so he doesn't try and touch me. I pull back and we walk to school hand in hand.

When we get to school we walk in the front doors and I go to science when he goes to math. When I walk into science I go to my table and Margaret is there.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey. Are you feeling better?" she asks.

"Oh yeah." I say.

"Good. Hey what happened between you and Max?" She asks in a whisper.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Everyone's saying he's been hitting on you."

"Oh! I thought you were going to say something so much worse. Well he has before, but I turned him down." I say.

"Not according to him." she says.

"What?!?" I ask.

"He's saying you said you would go out with him." she says with a confused face.

"I never said that!" I am yelling now and everyone is looking at me.

"Well you should talk to him." She says.