Chapter 23: No school?

What?!? Bruised ribs? No wonder it hurt so bad.

"Can I still go to school?" I ask.

"You can, it would not be very comfortable though. I also wouldn't be able to get you a doctors appointment for today anyway."

"Do you want me to go?" I ask Braden.

"I want you to do whatever you want." he says rubbing my head.

"I don't wanna go." I say.

"That's fine." My mom says standing up, I'm assuming she's calling into work. She hangs up.

"I'm so sorry baby, I can't get off work. I'm going to call your dad and see if he can stay with you." she says.

"I can stay with her." Braden says.

"No no no. I can't ask you to do that. Her dad can stay." my mom says.

"No. I want to." He says.

"No. But I will give you a ride to school. Let's go." My mom says.

Braden looks down at me and I tell him to go. He bends down and kisses me on the forehead and leaves.

Soon my dad comes home and I explain everything. He says that he still needs to work and that he'll be in his office, and that I can yell if I need him. I turn on the tv and watch Friends until I fall asleep around noon.

~~~~~~~~~3:00~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes and see Braden kneeling next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey. How are you doing? No sugar coating it." he says.

"Im not gonna lie, it hurts." I say pulling my legs closer to me, making room so he can sit down.

"Sit down." I say gesturing towards the space I left on the couch. He goes and sits down and I put my legs across his lap, and he looks over at me and I give him a smirk. We sit together and watch Friends until my mom gets home.

~~~~~when my mom gets home~~~~

My mom walks in and comes to me immediately.

"How are you doing sweetie?"

"I'm ok." I say.

"Well I got you an appointment at 5:00. So we have to get going. Braden, do you think you could help her get to the car?" she asks.

"Yeah sure." he says and I begin to sit up. I am sitting up and I try to stand up, that doesn't work. Braden picks me up and is holding me bridal style. When we reach the car he puts me in the front seat and I thank him.

"Thanks. I'll see you later." I say.

"Later? I'm not leaving." he says.

"Yeah he's not. The doctors will need to talk to him about what went on while you were unconscious." My mom says as she gets into the car. Braden gets in too, and we make the 10 minute drive to the hospital.

Braden carries me in, and I am seen immediately. Braden sets me down on the little bench thing you sit on at the doctors office. The doctor walks in.

"Hi. I'm doctor Farner. I understand we have some bruised ribs. Is that correct?" he says in a happy kind of tone.

"Yes." My mom says.

"Ok. Do you mind if I check it out?" the doctor says gesturing towards my stomach. And I nod yes.

The doctor lifts up my shirt after I lay down. He looks for a few minutes and says

"Yes, indeed they are bruised."

"She was also knocked unconscious while she was walking." my mom says.

"Really? Who was with her when this happened?" the doctor says scrunching his eyebrows.

"I was." Braden says.

"And what is your relationship to her?" Dr. Farner asks.

"I'm her boyfriend." he says confidently.

"Do you think we could step outside and talk about what happened?" the doctor asks.

"Um, sure." Braden says. And they step out. A few minutes later they come back in.

"So there's not a lot of things you can do for bruised ribs, except time. You need to do the least amount of moving as possible, and take Advil and Tylenol for the pain." The doctor says to me.

"Ok. Does that mean no school?" I ask.

"Only for a few days. I would say you could go back in 2 days." He says.

"Ok. Does anyone need to stay with her?" my mom asks.

"I would have someone with her, just in case she experiences pain, or needs something." He says.

"Ok. Will do. Thank you Doctor Farner." my mom says standing up and shaking his hand.

"You're welcome. I'll have a wheel chair sent for you. I hope you feel better, Claire." He says.

"Thank you." I say.

A few minutes later a nurse comes in with a wheel chair. The leather is blue, and a little torn. Braden helps me down by putting his arm under my knees and the other across my shoulders, and he puts me in the wheel chair. My mom comes behind and pushes me out the front doors and back to our car.

When we reach the car my mom helps me into the car instead of Braden. I get into the front seat and we drive home. When we get back to my house I request that I want to walk.

"I'm...I'm gonna go to my room." I say walking up the stairs. I am tired and I don't feel like being around anyone right now.

When I get to my room I change into my PJs and lay on my bed. A few minutes later Braden comes in.

"Hey." he says as he stands in the doorway.

"Hey." I say.

"I have to go, but I'll come and see you in the morning." he says, he can tell I don't want to be around anyone and he walks out the door.

"Braden. Wait." I say.

He comes back in and still stands in the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Can you do something for me?" I ask.

"Anything." He says.

"Can you just tell people I'm sick?" I ask.

"Sure." he says.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. I'll see you tomorrow." he says smiling as he walks out the door. And I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~in the morning~~~~~~~~

I wake up to my alarm clock. I forgot to turn it off!!! Well, I'm not going back to sleep now. So I get up and go downstairs, the TV is down there, that's my main source of entertainment for the next 2 days.

30 minutes later Braden comes over.

"Hey. How are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I say.

"I'm gonna miss you while I'm at school." he says.

"Speaking of school, you better get going." I say pushing on his chest.

"Fine. But I'll come as soon as school lets out. I love you." He says kissing my head.

"I love you too." I say. And he gets up and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

So I know this is a short chapter! But never fear, I have an idea! Sorry that didn't rhyme 😔.

Lemme know what you think!

Be happy!

~Puppylover680💕