Welcome to My Life | 00

No promise of an update, this chapter has been sitting in my works since November '17 just like the one before it.  I have a half a chapter in my works, but I'm not going to finish it. Just trying to see how it does with comments and numbers before I decide to continue.

Brielle

"Everybody get ready, your dad is coming to take you to the birthday party! Make sure everybody looking sharp and you have your overnight bag to spend the night!" I shouted down the hall.

Our new house is one level so I know everybody heard me! Just because the funds are available, that didn't require a big ass house like the one we stayed in with Chris. The house is in a gated community, our property is fenced off, and the kids have a nice backyard with a pool.

"Why can't you go too? Mijo asked.

"I have to stay here and watch over Myles, you know that."

"Why do we have to spend the night?"

"Your dad wants to spend time with you."

"He wouldn't have to spend time with us like this if y'all didn't do this divorce shit!" Mijo angrily slammed his door.

"Hey, getcho' ass out here before I drag you out!"

My oldest nine year old is about to catch the beating of a lifetime. Divorce is hard of everybody but Mijo should know, this isn't a shocker. All the fights we've had, all the times we stayed at my parents, Keeis's, and hotels just to get away from Chris's trifling ass. Only difference is, this is permanent. The younger ones are taking it much better than he is.

"What!" He swung open his door.

"You better watch your damn mouth boy, don't you ever in your life curse in here! Who the hell do you think you are, white?"

"I don't want to live here, I want to live together at home!"

"Mijo this is your new home! This is our last stop baby, I'm sorry you feel this way. It's something we all need to get adjusted to, can you do that for me?"

"Maybe."

"Thank you," I gave him a quick peck then mushed his head. "Don't think you getting off easy, I'm telling your dad!"

Everybody was ready to go, with everything packed they waited for their dad. I'm taking a big leap of faith right now. Chris knows of the agreement set between us, he's not allowed to be alone with the kids unsupervised. Yes, unsupervised! Chris still on that shit. As much as he wants to deny it, swear up and down he's good. I know he's still doing it. You want to continue to be a fucking zombie, do that shit in private and not around my kids! But I'm trusting Chris, I pray he won't let me down.

"About time you showed up, I need this break!" Answering the door with glee, I left Chris enter the house.

"Where everybody at?"

"Grabbing their overnight bags."

"Woah, you didn't say anything about over night!"

"No jackass, you did! C'mon Chris, you serious? They really was looking forward to this!"

"I'm just playing'," Chris joked laughing while he smacked his gum.