Welcome to my Life | 0.5

Sooo I decided this didn't pull the numbers I projected in the window period I gave for this story. This was the last ready available chapter I had ready to be published. Maybe I'll change my mind, but for now issa no for me dawg.

Brielle

Felt really good this morning not having to wake up and make a big breakfast for everyone.  Before Myles woke up I straightened up the living room, picking up all these damn toys. Made myself a cappuccino, then took a bubble bath. Even got to take a quick cat nap. Before Chris came I texted him telling him to make sure he feeds all of them before dropping them off. It ain't like the good ol' days were I can pop a bottle in their mouths. These greedy gremlins want that good solids.

Still in my robe I suction Myles trach and began feeding him. After he ate his breakfast I gave him a bath too, we have a conversation even though he wasn't speaking back. I'm being patient and not giving up on my little man, I know he'll speak when he's ready.

"Myles, can you tell me who I am? Can you say mama? Talk to mama, tell me what you want!" In return, he pointed to his flash cards. "You want to play with the flash cards?"

We've been practicing vigorously on this, I'll place a few flash cards down and he'll point when I call them out. It'll be a mix of numbers, people, or fruit. I came up with the idea a while ago of going to the store and printing out a big picture of every one. That way he can point us out, because I really feel like my baby doesn't know who I am all because he won't say mama. I don't have confirmation from him about anything.

"Myles, where the banana?" I asked as he silently pointed to the banana. "Good job baby! Show me, the apple!" Myles smiled as he pointed to the apple. "That's my baby! Now show --." I was going to ask for a number, but the doorbell ranged. "That must be daddy."

"Mommy!" They all shouted swarming to my legs.

"I don't know how you do it, I'm wore the hell out!" Chris admitted.

The kids either ran to their rooms, or began picking up toys in the living room to play with. Chris placed down Ava and stood their making small talk with me.

"You must have just woke up?" He asked.

"No, I did take a little nap. As you can see I still haven't gotten dressed yet." I pointed out still in my robe. "I been up with Myles, practicing on his speech."

"How's he doing?"

"Why don't you come see?"

"Brielle."

"No excuses come on!" Taking Chris by the hand I led him to Myles room. "Myles, who this?"

"Hey man!" Chris greeted.

Myles didn't smile, he just took a card and handed it to Chris.

"Apple?" Chris questioned looking at the card.

"Maybe he talking about your big apple ass head." I joked trying to make light of the situation.

"This is ain't funny man, my son don't know who daddy is. He not smiling, nothing! Just looking at me like I'm a stranger.

"Calm down Chris, I'm positive he knows you. ... Myles, who is this? Show me the card, who this is." In return he finally picked up the daddy card. "See, I told you."

"Nah man, I feel like shit now."

"Well here, stay awhile and practice with him. You don't have nothing better to do anyway. Stop being afraid to interact with him, you're not going to bother his trach if that what you think."