Chapter 9

Chapter 9

*LIZZYS POV*

*7 hours ago*

"eli, im going to ask you this once. Do you love him?"

I stared at nate trying to peice togethor my thoughts.

I thought back to when he forced us to be a couple, how he always told people he was my boyfriend, snd always held my hand in public. How he always defended me against those sluts that rubbed all over him. How he would hold me in his lap, and kiss sll my worries away. He took me on dates to reteraunts that were only the best. To me, every action, every touch had my heart racing. Yetbhe mustve just been wanting me to cave into him. He must do this with all the girls.

Make them feel like they were the only people on the planet, give them everything, and say the sweetest nonsense. A part of me wanted to believe he felt the same, that when he held me, his skin lit on fire too.

But the logical, more rational part of me said "this is only a game."

And it was... Nothing more. Im just hoping.

But do i love him?

Of course i do... But me, being unable to say it, i nodded.

His face softened. "youre only going to get hurt eli." he whispered. I nodded knowing he was right.

Zach wrapped me into a hug and rubbed soothing circles on my back. My face was buried in his leather jacket and the mint smell of him was calming me down slightly.

"nate, i seriously think he loves her." zach whispered to nate.

"but zach what if youre wrong? Shes going to get hurt!" he whispered harshly.

"i wont get hurt." i stated. They turned to me and both opened thier mouths to say something but i interrupted them.

"i wont get hurt because im ending this game now. We feel differently for eachother. He thinks of me as, at most, a friend. But, i love him. If i keep this up, im going to just hurt myself in the end." nate nodded, and turned to zach.

"if he loves her, he'll chase her."

*NATES POV*

Elis such a sweet girl. That bastard has caused her so much pain! I swear, if he hurts her again ill give him hell!

SHES MY BABY SISTER FOR FUCKS SAKE! (well, not really but.... Zach and i treat her like one)

*ZACHS POV*

nate... Such A negative person.

Asher may be an idiot, but he looks at her the same way i look at nate.

He holds her like shes so fragile she'll brake.

He talks to her like shes his world.

And he loves her more than life itself.

Even if he doesnt know it, he made this game they played, to be near her. His heart was yelling at him to say "i love you" to her. But, hes so dense and arrogant, this was what his idiotic mind came up with.

Why cant he just tell her how he feels?

I shook my head.

They're all idiots...

*present time*

*ASHERS POV*

i hate myself.

If a horrible excuse of a person...

I thought about all the time we spent faking we were a couple. Those moments felt so real to me.

Holding her, kissing her, but she clearly said she doesnt feel the same.