Chapter 13

Chapter 13

*LIZZYS POV*

so i have absolutely no idea how to dress. Well... Thats great... I took out my phone and called my mom.

"hello?" she answered softly. She was always a soft spoken person.

"mommy!" i cried. She laughed at my use of "mommy". It usually means i want something.

"oh sweetie! What do you want now?" she asked sarcastically.

"ashers taking me on our first date, and i dont know where were going! How do i dress!?!" she giggled and i heard whispering, then screams. Oh great. Shes with mrs.Colt...

"thats so cute!" she squealed. I rolled my eyes. I shouldve expected she would to this...

"mooom!!!" i whined. She cleared her throat.

"okay sweetie. Im sorry." she paused. "how about that cute black dress you have?" i thought about it.

"no! I wore that in front of him already! Hes going to know how i look in it!" she sighed.

"umm... How about the dark brown one. The strapless one?" thats actually a good idea.

"but what would i wear on top?"

"ooh! Wear that cute leather jacket! Asher thinks it looks hot on you!" mrs.colt screamed in the background.

"AM I ON SPEAKERPHONE!?!?" i screamed.

"oh sweetie! I wouldve told her anyway!" i rolled my eyes. "but shes right! You look gorgeous in that jacket!" i sighed. I seem to do that alot around my mom... I swear, she acts like a teenager!

"sure... Thanks." i said.

"have fun honey! DONT USE A CONDOM! I want grandbabies!" she giggled then hung up. I stared at my phone in disgust. I dont want children now!! What the heck!?!?

"whatever..." i mumbled to myself as i walked to my closet. I looked through my clothes before finally finding the dress she was talking about.

The dress was strspless and dark, chocolate brown. It was form- fitting, and came to about 4 inches above my knees. The neckline had small crystals, and was a sweetheart type. In the middle of the top, there was a gold ring. It was a little fancier than casual, yet not too... Flashy. It was perfect.

I layed it on my bed, and went to my mirror. I left my hair naturally wavy, and applied some bronzer, foundation, and marcara. After doing my makeup, i went to my dresser and pulled out a sexy bra and panties set. Just incase;) after putting those on, i slipped on my dress, and stepped back to admire myself in the mirror.

I looked mature... Too mature. I got the jacket and put it on. I looked my self over, and the jacket added that touch of recklessness. I smiled and started walking downstairs.

On my way down, i smelled something good. I guess he cooked for me?

I walked into the kitchen to see a plate with pasta, and a rose attached to a card sitting by it. I picked up the rose and read the card:

Dear my love lizzy,

First off, i love you so much. You are my everything, and have been for a while. You may think you know how much i love you, but ive loved you since we were 5. I picked on you, the pretty girl, to try and get your attention. But you immediately hated me.

It was always easier to be a jerk, then to admit to you, or myself i loved you. But now im not afraid to tell the world i love you. And i can only hope you return the same amount of love to me.

I may still be a jerk, but- as cheesy as this may sound- im your jerk. I always will be.

Love, with all my heart, asher.

By the end of that letter i was crying. I probably looked like shit but i just want to see him. I was about to get up, when my dad walked in. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"i was told to make you eat first." he said. I laughed and he chuckled at his bluntness.

"oh gee, thanks!" i said sarcastically. I pulled out of the hug, and started eating my food. My dad got a fork and sat down next to me, eating some too. I handed him the note asher wrote.

"ash wrote this for me." his eyebrows pulled togethor and he set down his fork, and read the note. After five minutes he set it down and looked at me.

"you better not let this one go." he said. "hes helplessly in love with you." i smiled and nodded. He sighed and tilted his head towards the door. "go." i grinned, got up, and ran out the door.

I stopped when i saw an arrow made out of rose petals, with two candles next to it. I went in the direction it pointed and saw another. I kept following them, until i ended up at the lake.

I heard faint music, and followed the sound. I came to the dock, and saw tons of candles sorrounding the edge. There was a giant heart made out of rose petals, and a small note in the middle.

I walked up to it, picked it up and read it.

Turn around.

I turned around and saw asher standing there with a single rose in his hand. He walked towards me and handed it to me.

"i love you lizzy." he said softly, raising his hands to caress the back of my head. A tear ran down my cheek, and he wiped it away with his thumb.

"i love you too ash." i said and he brought his lips down to mine, slow and sweet. He pulled away, and held out his hand.

"dance with me." i nodded and grabbed his hand in mine. He pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my waist, as mine wrapped around his neck.

Iris by the goo goo dolls was playing and he sang quietly in my ear.

"and i dont want the world to see me,

Because i dont think that theyll understand,

When everythings meant to be broken,

I just want you to know who i am."

He kept singing till the song was over, and when it was, we just stopped moving and stared at eachother.

He kissed me again and then held me in his arms, as we watched the sun set.

A/n: so he has a romantic side?:) i personally thought this was cute. This was actually how my boyfriend asked me to prom two years ago:D except without the dancing:) he made me breakfast and i woke up at 5 because he got my parents to set my alarm an hour early. Then my dad told me to go outside and i saw the arrows leadinv to the dock, where he had a boquet of roses and he asked me to prom as we watched the sun rise:)

Anyway, i hope you enjoy it!

~noah:)